BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thanks Cindi! I am better now.

It snowed, so no school. :rolleyes: Which I wish it didn't I just want to be done with the year.

I think I am going to work in the pantry this morning. It needs to be cleaned up, and inventoried. Then I have a LOVELY orthodontist appointment this afternoon :rolleyes:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's snowing here as well. It looks pretty out, but I don't really want to see it at this time of year!

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
It would be an understatement to say that I am happy that the "old" folks have reappeared. I stumbled upon this by pure accident. I would dare call it a miracle.

Y'all life has changed since my last post in this journal back in 2013. I had to basically quit all my self reliant projects when I moved off to college in 2015. My mom and aunt still manage them to some degree, but it is nothing like it was. At that time, I also quit writing for Backwoods Home. My life shifted and I wasn't an active participant in that life anymore.

Since August 2015, I have lived in Lexington going to UK. I spent a year traveling and teaching high school students as an officer for an organization I was part of. Then following that I spent six months preparing to run for a national position--I was not elected, but was a finalist. Now, I am a year away from graduating and getting a big boy job.

I am still an active member in our church, and my mother, sister, and I sometimes travel with some friends of ours to sing mountain gospel music at revivals, and homecomings throughout Eastern Kentucky. We ain't really that good, but we have a great time.

This semester has hit me hard. I have made my fair share of mistakes, and been broken hearted some. So, if anyone has tips on wrangling in a sweet southern belle please send them my way ;). Tis' life, right?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
You just be you sweet guy, and she will happen up on ya when you least expect it! You're a great young man, just be patient and wait for the right one dear :hugs My, you have been a busy little beaver lol

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah I agree. Life loses is sometimes and we have to take breaks and regroup later.