BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Awww, shucks!! :hide
I think I'm doing the breeding-Freemotion-style this year, looking at buying a buckling......it just sounds so much easier than trying to figure out when they are in heat. I don't drive so getting them there at the right time with just Hubby (who works) was next to impossible. But getting a cute little buckling here......easey peasey.....

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Just watching the remnants of summer slipping away. Did you get your new apple trees?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Just watching the remnants of summer slipping away. Did you get your new apple trees?
They wont be shipped til Mid November, but Im excited about them! And about getting dairy animals (finally) this spring. We are going to can milk, make cheese, ice cream, and skim cream to freeze for butter.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sheesh Jamester, that sounds a little bit like work. ;)

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
We have enjoyed goats the most of all the farm animals. They are so amusing and funny. I think you will enjoy them.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Please reconsider canning your milk. It destroys not only the taste, but all useful nutrients.....traditionally it is stored for off-season use through yummy cheese and butter! I do freeze enough to get me through the dry months.