BBH's campfire fun~popping in

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Totally.

Two years ago in TX I would have hired someone from Mexico to get it done in 10 minutes for $20 just to save time. Time for what??? I don't even recognize my life back then...who was I?????

The 2001 tornado was a pretty big deal. I expected to see the stuff flying around the house like in the Wizzard of Oz, but you don't see anything. All you see is whiteness outside, like you are in a cloud. The noise is deafening however.

I gathered my dd and my dss (step son), the dog and my kitty and we hid in the closet. (Ex was no where to be found. :rolleyes: As usual.) It was crazy wild.

The next day you could see the path the tornado took for miles. (We were on a hill.)

The snake bite? Oh my, that was nuts!! I was dared to walk across a flooded bridge at night during a party out in the country. (I was young and dumb, it was 1988.) Took off my shoes and trudged across the flowing water. I stepped on the snake (water moccasian) and it wrapped around my ankle and bit me. Long story short, the dr said it must have bitten/eaten something else right before I stepped on it b/c it had no venom left. (I got lucky!) I was so proud of the little scar it left for about 6 months though...I wish it was still there! :p

I still am deathly afraid of snakes, tame or not.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Hot longish shower (quite a splurge, but my back was callin for it) with homemade goat's milk soap, (thanks BB!)
My pleasure Sally!!!

Wow! I hadn't heard the tornado story yet!! Jeepers creepers!

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Happy, Happy Birthday
Happy, Happy Day
I'm bettin you are plently-nine
And that's all I got to say.....

Happy Birthday BBH. I know this one is good for you cause you got Little Brown Horse home.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Thanks so much, tomorrow is her birthday! This year our birthdays have so much more meaning than any other year before.

We are sitting on the couch snuggling and getting a huge kick out of watching the Dallas Cowboys get beat. :p

I never want to let her go.