BBH's campfire fun~popping in

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Well, it rained every day this week almost and it rained the whole holiday. I finally got some yardwork done on Sat. then it rained again!

I hope my tomato plants survive all this rain! (Oh, yeah, it is cold too!)

The little lamb is as cute as ever. He already knows how to walk around with a home made halter and lead rope. The big "spinster sisters" sheep are getting tamer and tamer...hopefully by this time next year I will be able to milk one of them. If not, I will sell off their lambs and buy a nice older (bred) ewe sheep that is used to being milked. :p

What kind of pie are you making?

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
hold onto your sox, gals...

check this out:
http://weekendcowgirl.com/2010/03/buttermilk-pie/

buttermilk pie. i'd type more but i just took it out of the oven and i'm weeping with joy....its a VISION.. as soon as i wipe my tears i'm going to post pix....

hey MR! i'll see ya on email later
:)

BBH - thanks for your fun comments! i cant wait for your sheeps to be milked either.

you're maters will be winners, i just know it! my gal pal is on Lopez in the rain rain rain.. hope she makes it home with the ferry closure and all.

so I guess you didnt go to Folk Life?
:)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
murphysranch said:
I'd take pie any day over cake. Love them! Yeah, what kind, OFG?
My son's birthday (the big 14) is in two weeks. he has specifically requested pecan pi for his birthday 'cake'.

Although my favourtie birthday cake is the no-bake cherry cheesecake.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
No bake cherry cheesecake? More info please :pop

Hey girlies :frow hope everyone is having a nice weekend....BBH it is a miracle that your campfire didn't go out with all that rain!

I think it is about time for new lamby pics too!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
You've never had the no-bake cherry cheesecake? :drool The recipe is quite often on the back of the philadelphia brand cream cheese.

It's got a graham cracker base--mixed with a bit of sugar and butter. then you mix softened cream cheese with whip cream and icing sugar and put that on top of the graham crust. Then top with cherries and sauce. i often top it with blueberries, when they are in season. I don't have meeasurements-- I usually wing it. but I usually use two bricks of cream cheese, on 1/2 litre of whip cream (pint?) and sweeten to taste. You can either make your own fruit sauce, or buy canned.

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OFG, that pie looks amazing. I remember when I made my first egg custard with my own eggs - I looked so good - and tasted good too. Let us know how it tasted. :drool

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
dude... i'm so pie drunk.. you have no idea... its sooooooooo good... silky, lovely, and oh the vanilla-y goodness! whoot!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wowza, what a day and it is only 5:30!

I've got the fire pit up and running, I took a hot shower and I poured myself a cold glass of wine.

Today I pushed mowed the front yard...no engine, just me pushing and pushing and pushing! That silly thing won't cut the thick, tall stuff, so I had to hand clip all the rest plus hand clip around the landscaping. My back is beat! However, I didn't use any gas all day, and I could enjoy all the birds chirping etc. :) (And I got a tiny workout.)

Horses get the fresh cut grass. They are happy!

I weeded the front landscaping and garden. I think I spent most of the day bent over! :p

I also made some homemade mayo for the week out of fresh pastured Rouen duck eggs. YUM! Breakfast was homemade biscuits with butter and fresh eggs served with yummy, sweet raw milk. (I sure could have used some homemade gravy!)

Hot longish shower (quite a splurge, but my back was callin for it) with homemade goat's milk soap, (thanks BB!) homemade shampoo and cond. I put on my homemade deodorant, slathered my face in coconut oil and put on some jammies washed in homemade laundry soap. (Later I'll brush my teeth with baking soda.)

I started to wean Oliver (the lamb) by cutting his milk with warm water and only feeding him twice a day. He is none the wiser and not very traumatized. He is on lamb feed, hay and a tad bit of alfalfa...oh yeah, lots of grass too.

He is halter trained and respects our space. He gets walked down to the mail boxes every afternoon and he even stands to be tied and have his hooves "trimmed". (I am just pretending to trim his hooves as they don't need it yet.)

It is a good day.

Cheers everyone!

Latest posts