BeccaOH: Update of just STUFF

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Adorable pics!

Hope your mom gets to be home for Easter. We are having high 70s and sunshine here. Our weather is calling for overcast and mid 60 on Easter Sunday but we are enjoying this warm spell...now if it would just stick around!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Mom comes home today. :D I just wish I had had time to do more than vacuum the carpet. :rolleyes: The house is pretty cluttered as I really haven't been home much at all.

Looking forward to a warm weekend. Today is lovely!!! Daffodils are blooming.

Yesterday I hatched a SEBBIE! I got 2 Sebastopol eggs from QA. One quit a while ago, but the other hatched out a gosling that may be a blue. :weee :celebrate :love

I'll get pics later if I can keep QA from stealing the little-big guy. You should see the size difference between the calls and the gosling. :lol:

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
holy moly that is a cute duckling pic!! yay!!!

pix of the sebbie quick!

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
I'll get pics later if I can keep QA from stealing the little-big guy. You should see the size difference between the calls and the gosling. :lol:
Seeing as how I'll be there tomorrow, you's best get those pics quick! :gig

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dead tired here with all the spring things to be done. QA mentions my activities enough since we tend to do a lot together, so check her journal out. Just tell her that it would sure be easier on me if she lived closer. ;)

Had my first poultry sales this weekend direct from the farm. My Craigslist ad is doing well. Two different folks drove over an hour to come for ducks and ducklings. I profited nearly $100 (sort of), so it was a great weekend. :)

Had my first turkey hatch of the spring. :D Had more bunnies born, but I've lost more of these babies than the ones born in winter. :(

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My morning did not start off well. First I overslept (stuff my ear with medicine and didn't hear the alarm) and had no time to really do anything before rushing out the door.

I noticed some of my turkeys were out, including young tom who I didn't think could get out of the pen, but somehow he jumped the fence and was roaming the yard with 2 hens. Old tom and a girl were still inside, so I figured I'd let them free range today. :rolleyes:

I'll never have a garden at this rate with them tromping over it.

I looked for the fourth hen, but was really rushing to get on the road. I did notice a pile of feathers up the hill behind the house. I didn't have time to investigate, but I assume my hen lost her life to something. Probably something big. :(

I had been considering downsizing the turkeys from 6 to 3, but I did plan to profit from that hen. :rolleyes: I need to downsize just so I can manage to corral them better. :he

I need to downsize more than turkeys, but that is another ongoing stress.

Then my nephew and niece fought like 2-year-olds while I drove them to school. :smack How does one adult in a car discipline while staying on the road in traffic? :barnie

Not a good morning. :hide

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:hugs I'm sorry you had such a rough morning - I can totally relate. I am in a rush most mornings and then of course the children want to bicker and put me in a crappy mood. Sorry bout your turkey hen. hope your day gets better :hugs