Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

We are having the same kind of day only a little warmer! Its so very lovely that I can't stop gawking at the sky and landscape.

I've got today and tomorrow off! :ya :celebrate :weee

We loaded up the dogs and drove to the river, where I washed the formerly white dog until she sparkled in the sun. We swam, sunned, had a great lunch at a cute little country restuarant and came on home. The dogs are pleasantly exhausted and smell sweet, the hay in the next field is baled and smelling wonderful, flowers are blooming and I have plans to try out my new tiller in the cool of the evening.

Life is good! :weee

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Farm, this ought to make you feel better.......

Almost got knocked out by the cow today. :/

I was bent over preparing her a treat of sweet feed and raw eggs because she hadn't had any for awhile and I thought she could use it. Proof that no good deed goes unpunished.....

She rushed in to nose into the feed pan while I had my head down....

Well, we all know what happened next! :rolleyes: :he

Needless to say, Blossom is now in training for waiting for her food, just like the dogs have to do. This could have been way more serious than a sore bump on my head, so she will have to be trained to have good manners.

Now, do you feel less envious? :D :lol:

:pop

OkieAnnie

City slicker gone rural
Reaction score
Bee, I am so glad you are ok. Glad that you were protected from a serious injury. Hope that Blossoms training goes well. :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Caught me totally by surprise! :p My mind was a million miles away and bam! Knocked me back a few feet and made me madder than a wet hornet! :somad

I have a massive headache right now, so am taking a few Motrin and heading to bed.

Stupid cow! :rolleyes: :lol:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Tee-hee....oops, not snickering at you....snort.....sniff.....wipes eyes.....a few years ago, I went to the chiropractor three times in about a month after colliding heads with various horses in three separate incidents. He was starting to question my stories....or my sanity.....as was I. :lol: The stars were pretty, though!

Aidenbaby

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

I can't tell you how many times I've whacked my head on my cabinet doors while putting away dishes. It's amazing how you can be looking at something and STILL not see it.

Lovechooks

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Can you train a cow? That sounds like fun! I'm thinking a hornet is a cross between a bee and a wasp? They don't like water?

My son ran up to me yesterday, he likes to hug me 20 times a day and tell me how much he loves me but this time did it just as I was bent over in the pantry with the door open and rammed the door into my head, basically he went I love you so much Mummy" *SLAM* :sick :idunno

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
So sorry about your head. :( but still jealous.

In my adventures with large livestock - primarily horses - I have been stomped on, struck, kicked many times (one time in the stomach), slammed onto a bolt sticking out of a trailer (it went in about a inch and a half into my side), fallen on (both sideways several times and flipped horse and myself head over heels TWICE), nose bloodied (head to nose while mounted), rearing spinning horse head to my solar plexis, drug threw barbed wire twice and right now I have a chipped tooth from playing "ball" with my German Shepherd (canine tooth to secondary incisor.

No wonder I move slowly on some mornings! :p

Large animals can be very dangerous. Even the gentle ones can slip and fall and kill you. Body position is very important - just learning how to stay out of their way. And a few "wait for your food" lessons won't hurt either.

There is a person near us who uses the "clicker training method" with her horses - it might work for Blossom as well.