Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Aidenbaby said:
Bee, it's all in how you market your product. Good marketing = Good sales. Just look at that topsy turvey thing. Anyone I've known that has used it say that it doesn't work. Let's face it, if plants were meant to grow upside down, they would.
I agree with that! :lol:

Farm, do you have a pic of your electric net and did is cost you a lot? I've often thought I would love to have some around my garden but I've heard its pretty pricey.

Hey, Morel! Long time no speaky! Sniffin' that beautiful Lolaa for me? :D Miss you on here but I'm sure you've been busy. The only time I can get on much now is in between slow computer fields at work. :p

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I hear ya! I HAVE been busy...added anopther side to my rabbit pens and now I am finally done and have tons of gardening to catch up on...oh ya, and laundry! I think we are due for rain soon and I can spend the day online chatting with everyont then:>) It has been ROASTING Here the last couple of days

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Bee

That netting came from Primier1Supplies http://www.premier1supplies.com/c/fencing/netting/

It is not especially cheap - BUT neither is any type of fence.

I have some of the poultry fencing and some of the sheep fencing. I also sprang for a solar charger (NOW THAT was pricey for me ... especially when you can by a plug in for $20). I have been using them for about three years now. I use them seasonally for my broilers and my daughter has even used it as a dog pen. There is some wear and tear on the fence where the dogs actually ran through it once when the charger was off (Husky), but I am just repairing it with a strand of plastic electric rope.

They do work. I recommend some EXTRA step in posts however the ones that come with the netting are a little lightweight.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Farm, you are right! It is not as expensive as I imagined! I'm going to have to consider it an investment next year and get some for around my garden. Its not much more expensive than regular chicken wire and is more flexible and will do a better job.

I am having fits with the setup I have now......2 ft. chicken wire with a double strand electric on top. NOT an efficient idea but I had some rolls already and decided to save money by halving them and doing the electric on top. This is not working. :(

Went to gather eggs and feed chickens this evening and stepped out of the coop to see if anyone decided to lay eggs behind the coop. Came back to discover two very large "chickens" eating out of the feeder......

The Bettys!!! Nose deep in my chicken feeder. :rant So, I closed the door and cornered them and pet them all I wanted~as their punishment! :lol:

I've yet to make friends with these gals...they are skittish and fleet of foot as deer. I wish they would trust me more. They seem to trust the dogs implicitly and let them sniff them all over and such.

They don't even run or startle when the dogs go "on guard" and bark furiously at imaginary intruders. But let me step into their personal space and they are gone like a shot! :(

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I bought four goats just like that! The people I got them from didn't handle them at all, I can barely even touch them, never have been able to, its sooo frustrating. Buwahaha. Wait until I'm going to milk them though. They'll like me whether they want to or not. I think cornering them might make things worse, or thats what I've been told. Although I'm guilty myself.. Maybe if you sit in the middle of the pasture everyday they'll get used to you and come see what your all about. Treats work good to.

Not thats any of those things worked for me, but I thought I'd pass it a long. ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Oh, Amos! I've tried treats! :( They stand way off and have the patience of JOB! They can outwait me as I have so much to do....so they stand and stare or feed quietly while eyeing the treats....and wait. And wait. :he

Finally, when I just have to go elsewhere and do something, they move in and gobble the treats.

I think this winter, when grass isn't so plentiful and full bellies are at the whim of the Hay Master, I may see some friendlier little sheep. ;)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
With horses that are wild old cowboys used to catch the horse, throw them down, tie them up and sit on their head until they just gave themselves up for dead. Then you start rubbing. You pet their head and their neck - rub their whole body for a LONG time. Then they rolled them over and did the whole thing to the other side. A full blown body massage.

When you finally let the animal up it is like a new lease on life. Remember the prey considered itself dead to the predator. The fear is completely gone. Next you start with the treats to build the trust.

It is a hard and dangerous game to play with a horse, but with a big kid to help you a little sheep should not be that hard to win.

Could be worth a try.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Selling Mountain air would be easy! Lety me tell you....tourists will buy anything....
When we lived in Alaska....almost every little shop where the tourist go...they sell Moose Poop...in every way, shape and form! Im not kidding...on swizzle sticks....in jars labeled "Moose poop Jam" ...little "turds" with a fake Forget-me-not ( Alaska's state flower) sticking out of it, earrings...necklaces..you name it...they sold it. That stuff sold like crazy! And, when I was in OK....they sold red dirt in a bag. :/ I am trying to come up with a "Hoosier idea" GOTTA be something good in this state to sell to the tourists! :lol:

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
A pint jar of mountain air gathered on 6/21/09.

It was a day that you could almost drink~ it was so refreshing and crystal clear!

A picture of that day on the label with your description. Yep.... I would buy it.