Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:yuckyuck Some of us, anyway! ;) No, I think these journals are kind of a new thing for these forums and they have taken on a life of their own. Like Farm said, its like sitting on someone's front porch talking about their life. Its friendly, open and important to the forum community to be able to "visit" a journal and get to know someone a little closer than in the public forum. Although its still public, it feels more intimate and so we treat it thus. Its a mutual trust that we will treat each other's lives more delicately than one would if you were just meeting out on the boards/streets.

These journals are our neighborhoods, the boards are the town. I like the feel of that! :)

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Speaking of fungus.....with the non-stop damp here in New England, I had a mushroom sprout in my bathroom!!!! On a little spot of subfloor in one corner where the linoleum has curled up....the next floor, along with the kitchen, that I need to replace. A MUSHROOM! In my BATHROOM!!!! :barnie

I think I will name it. Ticks. Waddaya think?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well, we had a rodeo this evening! We loaded Blossom and Princess Shade up in the truck for a trip to the breeder. What a wild time! I absolutely despise that calf! :tongue :lol:

This fellow is the one who was holding the cow for the previous owners during the sale. He couldn't believe his eyes! He kept telling me over and over that this is the best Blossom has ever looked. He said if I was going to sell her, now would be the time because she has never looked prettier! That made me feel much better about her progress, believe me.

He said he didn't know how I had done that in such a short time but he has watched this cow for years and he said the previous owners didn't take good care of her. He said he had never seen her look glossy like that and that I just might make a farmer yet! ;)

She will be up there for a month, so my grass will have some time to recover and she will have some new grass meanwhile.

The new calf, Hitch, is doing very well on grass and is starting to look glossier since I used the Basic H on her. Not so rough coated and rangy looking. I'm pleased with her progress as well and its hard to believe we just got her on Wednesday of last week.

I wish the sheep looked better but they have only grown a little, put on a little weight. I don't think their coarse hair could ever look glossy but I was hoping for a little more size and beauty. Black Betty is pretty and getting bigger, but the runt/triplet, Ugly Betty, is still rough coated and spindly looking.

A whole month without Lake Erie-sized cow pats....how heavenly!!! :weee

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Speaking of fungus.....with the non-stop damp here in New England, I had a mushroom sprout in my bathroom!!!! On a little spot of subfloor in one corner where the linoleum has curled up....the next floor, along with the kitchen, that I need to replace. A MUSHROOM! In my BATHROOM!!!! :barnie

I think I will name it. Ticks. Waddaya think?
Perfect! Hey, free...I'm having the same problem! This bathroom is damp and moldy but I don't think the landlord cares much if the floor is rotting. He won't fix it until it falls through, I'm willing to bet. :rolleyes:

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Now I worry everytime I step into the tub....will I end up, naked as a jay bird, on the washer and dryer in the cellar????:rolleyes: