Bee~ Journal of then...

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
It was about $13.00's cool!

I bought it from Michigan bulb many (?) years ago. Thought it was too weird and had to have it! First one they sent was dead and this was the replacement. It came as a weird looking dried out twig.

I sure have recovered my $13.00 from all of the fruit - even if it does get regularly frosted out!

I use only dormant oil on them and keep the drops cleaned up. I seldom have any problems with the fruit.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Well.....a thankful end to a very busy and somewhat stressful week. Whew! Where's the flopping down on the ground and groaning with relief smiley when ya need it? :D

Finally will get a chance to go visit Blossom tonight! :celebrate I wouldn't want the old rack of bones to forget who I am. :p

Also plan to wash and groom a lamb and possibly a bull headed little heifer as well.

AND......maybe....if I can work out the details.....I may go whitewater rafting this next week! :weee :celebrate :ya

I've been wanting to do this for years and just never had the money or the time to coincide at the same time. I also would love to go sky diving but no opportunities around here for that and I'm sure its pretty pricey.

I can't wait! Four to six hours on a wild river, baking in the hot sun with the cool spray wetting you down? Heaven! :love

Me and my son(s) are going together. :) If we get to go, I will tell you all about it and see about getting some pics if I can. I don't see how I will be able to, though, as I don't have access to a waterproof camera(even disposable) and I'm pretty sure we are gonna get soaked! :celebrate

I'll try to languish on here later on this weekend. I'll try to get pics of Blossom and Shade tonight so you all can see how much she has grown. Smooches! ;)

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
AND......maybe....if I can work out the details.....I may go whitewater rafting this next week! :weee :celebrate :ya

I've been wanting to do this for years and just never had the money or the time to coincide at the same time. I also would love to go sky diving but no opportunities around here for that and I'm sure its pretty pricey.

I can't wait! Four to six hours on a wild river, baking in the hot sun with the cool spray wetting you down? Heaven! :love
The adult version of the trampoline! :lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Beekissed said:

HAHAHA my thoughts exactly!!!!!!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
:lol: keljonma :yuckyuck

Hey Bee, what are you going to use to wash your sheep?

I am getting a katahdin sheep this Tuesday...so Dolly won't be obsessed with the horses so much. Just an older semi retired ewe, nothing too special. I was couious about giving Dolly a bath and wanted to know what you use to suds them up.

Have a great time river rafting, sounds like a BLAST!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Wow River Rafting now that sounds like fun. What a great experience to have with your boys. I wish I could go. I have never sky dived, unfortunately when I had a chance to go I was breast feeding and over the maximum weight. My dh did not want me to go. I think he just did not want to get stuck with baby if anything happened.

I have bunjee jumped though. Platform dive 220 feet off the ground. Actually it was over water and rocks. (probably not the best spot for it) Next to the Queen Mary and Spruce Goose in Long Beach, Ca. Now that was a rush. You should try that Bee.. :clap

PS they make water proof disposable cameras.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
SKY DIVING !!!! BUNGEE JUMPING!!!! WHITE WATER RAFTING!!!

I am having panic attacks just reading about it! :ep :ep :ep

YIKES you all are NUTS!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
keljonma said:
Beekissed said:

That was low! :p :lol: Actually, whitewater rafting is pretty safe if you aren't going down the tougher class runs. Like a wet roller coaster, you wear helmets and life vests. I'm not into the thrills of banging off rocks for fun, just seeing the mountain river in all its glory and riding the waves.

With sky diving, you will not have any injuries that require a horrible confinement to your bed....you will die and quickly, if your shute does not open. I don't mind dying. I'm actually quite ready to go....can't wait, actually! But I do not want to live as a head on a dead body..... :barnie

BBH, you got a Kat? How neat! :frow Now we can compare notes, like Justusnak and I. I 'm still learning this sheep thingy, so its learn as you go sort of farming.

I washed her in Suave Coconut Shampoo! :D She HATED it! :lol: She now looks like a very clean, funny looking chia pet!

Went to visit Blossom and Shade and found Blossom looking quite miserable and covered in flies. She looked pretty poorly to me but my son thinks I'm exaggerating. :rolleyes: Shade has gone native and doesn't seem to hang with her mom much anymore. She is still beautiful but also seems a little more lean than she was here. I'm going to start taking some good feed up to Blossom to keep her well. The pasture up there isn't the greatest and I didn't see any mineral blocks. I hope we can bring her home soon...... :(

I brushed her and she loved it, as usual. She followed me back to the truck and looked pretty pitiful as we drove away. I think she gets bullied there. When we dropped her off, they started the herd pecking order thing and was chasing her and butting her around. I was worried about her then and I still am.

I'll bring her back and pamper her around again and she will glow with care. But I hated driving away tonight. :(

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Hey Bee, what are you going to use to wash your sheep?

I am getting a katahdin sheep this Tuesday...so Dolly won't be obsessed with the horses so much. Just an older semi retired ewe, nothing too special. I was couious about giving Dolly a bath and wanted to know what you use to suds them up.
I'm re-reading Farmer Boy and just got to the part where they are shearing the sheep. They wash them the day before with soft brown soap that Mother makes from fat on processing day and all the ashes saved from the previous winter with water run through them.

They suds the sheep up then make them swim.

So get crackin', you have some work to do! :lol: