Bee~ Journal of then...

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@sumi Lol! I was just thinking that we need more options than just the "like" button. 'Cause, I hit "like" to the idea of putting stones around to protect the plants, but there's not much likable about the cats using your fresh dirt as a dumping ground. And the dogs? :sick

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The grandgirls have been out, getting dirty and playing at grandma's house. They LOVE going to grandma's house, which makes me feel good. I loved going to my grandma's house when I was little too. So much to see and do!

Ariella~aka Ella~is still scared of the dogs but is working on getting over it. One minute she's patting them and kissing them(ick) and the next will be screaming bloody murder when they even walk in her direction. :rolleyes:

100_6105.JPG
100_6109.JPG

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Fall arrived late but it's growing more glorious by the day! Yesterday was a wonderfully beautiful day and the colors changed throughout the day and especially as the sun was going down. I kept looking down the yard as I worked on a project and it was prettier each time I looked, so I'd take a pic....again!

100_6147.JPG

100_6148.JPG

100_6149.JPG

100_6150.JPG

100_6154.JPG

View from the throne, so to speak.... :D
100_6155.JPG

And out the side window to the right...
100_6156.JPG

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
MMD, I LOVE those verses!! So appropriate and shows others have found a need to speak to the Lord before beginning one's day also. Nice to put on the whole armor of God before heading out to do battle, for we do not do battle with flesh and blood, but with spiritual wickedness in high places.

SOOO important to remember!! It is so easy to get caught up in "what the eye can see" when the real battle is fought in another realm.

Have a great day, Bee.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Progress on the diet and health regimen is great~down 27 lbs since starting to make a change, clothing is fitting looser(going to have to take some things in, but I'm not complaining!), and I'm feeling pretty good in many ways~more energy, more mobility, less abdominal pain and discomfort. Also have a better tan than I've gotten since I worked at the pool as a teenager. :D

Hair is getting thicker, slightly more curly since switching over to the CG method, very soft and I'm loving how it feels and looks.

The early morning time with prayer and reading of the Word is also progressing well and sets me up for each day. As I read through the Bible, I'm downloading teaching on the passages to listen to on my MP3 player as I work and walk, so get to study while I am moving about....that helps me absorb the material better. I seem to listen better if I'm busy with my hands at the same time.

God has really opened my eyes on different aspects of my body maintenance, things I had never really thought too much about, but now He's brought these to the forefront of my mind. Just as I am very different from most people in many ways, my body is different too and it's actually a blessing, instead of a curse.

I've always disliked the fact that I stay fat on way less food than others stay skinny on, but He has let me know there is a blessing in this that I never saw~it costs less to feed me, I don't have to prepare as much food, I don't have to take as much time on meals and, in a crisis situation wherein food becomes scarce, I'll be able to maintain homeostasis whereas others with a less slow metabolism will not. I'm specifically designed for survival in the north where a slow metabolism was much desired when food was not as plentiful.

Now I know I just need to get my portions down to maintenance level for my body type, while also wrapping my mind around the fact that this is my life and it's not a bad thing~others need more food to survive and thrive and I do not. It's all good! Doesn't mean I am deprived of anything good in this life, just means I need less of a good thing to fuel my specific machine type.

In essence, I'm a White Rock chicken! :D Cheaper to raise, stays muscular and healthy, while still producing eggs, on the same or even less feed than other, lighter breeds. Do well in the cold weather and have no need of an increase in nutrients to maintain even during the winter. If you view them beside a Buff Orp, they look the same size, but when you pick them up, they have a WAY bigger heft to them. Their muscles are compact, dense and fine in fiber and their bones are bigger, sturdier. Their feathering is thick and more luxurious than other breeds, but lays flat to their body due to the feathers being so fine in nature.

I'm finding out this is no bad thing, in fact it makes me versatile, frugal to raise and productive...I'm just different than a lot of the other chickens. :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thank you! I don't yet know how Ella will turn out, but Aliza is possibly the sweetest person I've ever met....she truly loves everyone, from strangers on the street to her great grandpa that has dementia and can't even interact with her~she's only seen him about 3 times. She wants so bad to "fix" him...right now she's on a Doc McStuffin craze, so has a little doctor bag and implements, going around and fixing folks. :D

Every time I'm around her I get a small picture of the love of Christ and it's humbling and marvelous to behold. :love She loves so deeply, so freely and so pure. Wish I could be more like that.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Finally got the blessing of rain and lots of it today and kept thanking God with each new downpour. We really, really needed it!

Had the grandgirls out for the past few days and that too has been a rich blessing. They are so very sweet, cute and funny that it's like sunshine right in the house!

th

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I need more jars. Many, many more jars! I haven't learned to can yet but I have big plans!! My apple trees look good, I hope the frost is over and they STAY good!