Bee~ Journal of then...

luvinlife offthegrid

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How do you make slumgullion? I've never heard this word before, and it has some interesting definitions. Recipe search makes it look similar to what we adirondackers call goulash, which isn't really goulash. It's tomato macaroni beef of sorts.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
It's always better in an iron skillet, first off...don't know exactly why that is..could be purely psychological. I just brown some new potatoes, yellow squash and onions first, then I add tomatoes, hot banana pepper, green peppers, broccoli and new corn cut off the cob. I let all that cook down and then add some corn meal to the juice to thicken it up and add more flavor. Of course, seasoned to taste...and I like it spicy! :somad :drool

We either eat it as is or sometimes will put it on top of pasta. Best if sopped up with homemade bread. It's a little more...meaty and full than mere goulash, IMO.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:frow
Great to see you Bee. I think about you all the time. Which one of the boys got married? Know you are proud.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey!!! :hugs It's so good to hear from you all!!! Joel got married...the eldest. Pics of him and bride:

539056_4246434638569_189648911_n.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Congratulations Bee, to Joel and his new bride as well. The picture is beautiful!!!!

All is well arund here. Just bumping along.

gina