Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That creen door is awesome!

I know! I don't know what it would cost to buy one this sturdy and with the antique grill and hardware, but I know I wouldn't pay it. The screening material is also a wonder, being extremely fine and showing no deterioration after all those years, so not sure what metal is used in it...not copper, though.

I do think it adds some whimsy and visual interest to the outhouse, though, to have this old door and the weather it will be exposed to will only increase the patina it has.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
First of all - your mom is absolutely amazing! I'm sure she hears that all the time, lol!

Garden, and all you've done to it, look awesome. Mine is beginning to look like a weedpile... :(

She does but it tickles her every time she hears it! :D Smashed her thumb over and over today but thumb feels just fine this evening...no throbbing, no pain. :thWhy can't I be like that???

My last two gardens got taken over by weeds...try several wheelbarrows full of weeds by the end of the season. o_O This year I'm determined to fight tooth and nail to keep the weeds down to nothing, in both my garden and my son's small BTE. That's where that weapon-like Rogue hoe comes into play...couldn't do it at all without that thing!

I'm also not going to let vines go wherever they may this year...they will be placed where I want them to run, then they will be directed up a few old ladders I have on hand~NOT my fence! Last few years my fence was about torn down from all the heavy pumpkins and squash hanging off it. :barnie And there were so many vines, running so many ways, that I couldn't get in there to weed, so it was a disaster by then end of the season...looked like a jungle in both gardens. :mad:

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Your garden and most of all your mother wonderful. A good woman is hard to find and worth more than diamonds (according to Proverbs and myself)!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@baymule - it's that time of year! I've got some work to do in there for sure to get it ready for fall.
Isn't it funny how the first flush of spring planting for us is just about burnt crispy and we are thinking about fall planting--while everybody else is just getting started?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Trying to play catch up around here with a ton of little projects and larger projects, with my head spinning about how to prioritize. I'm bad that way...walking to one project and get side tracked by spying another.

My son is out and got electric to the storage shed for us, which will be GREAT for construction projects...been having to bring them down to the house to work on them, transporting wood, tools, saw horses, etc. back and forth for various projects. He also mounted up an overhead light in that shed, so now it's going to be soooo much easier to get in there and dig around in various bins to find tools and hardware. Also night for going up at night to find something or when we are up there working on deer at night.

I spread lime in the yard for flea prevention, raked leaves for the spare pen and run where the stewing hens are living temporarily until it gets cool enough to butcher. Removed compost from under the roosts to use in my carrot box(still have to build that) and replaced the material with fresh leaves.

Fresh water with mother ACV in all waterers, filled up the spare utility wagon with more water(I have some manure tea in there already) so I could water my lettuce and pak choi sprouts under the low tunnels. Parked that in the garden so I can keep those watered with good stuff. Need to pick maters again.

Hope to get in there this evening before dark and work on those tunnels, patching the Agribon where my male cat thinks it's just a high ol' time shredding that material, covering it all with deer netting to keep him off that. All that extra work for a blasted CAT. :somad

Fixed the knob on one of the nest boxes but still have to fix the hinges there where a certain dog, who shall remain nameless, opened it and pushed down on the hinges with his big ol' head while trying to steal eggs.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I love the pics you post. I like snow-as long as we don't get too much and that it's not too cold! I'll admit to not liking the temps we've had since right after Christmas. I could use a warm up!