Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Pics of my place, upon special request: :)

5_imported_photos_00004.jpg

[/img]

5_mountain_trip_072.jpg
[/img]

5_imported_photos_00010.jpg
[/img]

5508_mountain_trip_018.jpg
[/img]

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Your place is just stunning!
I'm going nuts trying to figure out LGD though. I know I'm going to smack myself in the forehead when you tell me though!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Eli just shot a deer this evening and they are now out looking for the blood trail. The arrow went clear through it with a loud crack! We are thinking a rib shot. His bow is very powerful and can go clear through both shoulder blades.

Hope he gets it....I need some tenderloin in this house!! :p

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hey, Jules, Can I call you that?

You can just send Sweet Lou to my house! He is gorgeous!!

And I love your farmstead! Absolutely gorgeous place you have!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I got Sweet Lou from TuffoldHen on BYC...she lives over in the next county...gave him to me!!! He is only 5 mo. old...can you believe that? His brother was even bigger... :ep

Yep, you can all call me Jules if you like, easier than Beekissed. You can even call me Bee, I don't care. :D

Henrietta, LGD sounds more important than....mutts!

That's what they really are but they provide an important service here and, for this, they get a good, comfortable farm dog life. I would love to have enough property that they could roam free, but I do the best I can for them here. They get dog houses filled with sweet, fresh hay tucked back inside a lounging shed full of hay and a soft, cot mattress, a heated water bucket of fresh water and all the garden and deer scraps they can pilfer. They get to run and play and eat all the apples they can hold, bark at all and sundry, and generally be dogs to their heart's content. What a life! :)

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Oh Bee is cute! I'll call you that!

I want some BBS orps sooo bad! I am trying to tell myself I can wait until spring LOL I am on two waiting lists for eggs for them.

That was super nice of Tuffoldhen to give him to you!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
What a beautiful place. I have garden envy.
If Helen Hunt shows up at my house and my DH throws me out can I come live with you? I am a hard worker and sounds like I would not mind sleeping with the dogs.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I got Sweet Lou from TuffoldHen on BYC...she lives over in the next county...gave him to me!!! He is only 5 mo. old...can you believe that? His brother was even bigger... :ep

Yep, you can all call me Jules if you like, easier than Beekissed. You can even call me Bee, I don't care. :D

Henrietta, LGD sounds more important than....mutts!

That's what they really are but they provide an important service here and, for this, they get a good, comfortable farm dog life. I would love to have enough property that they could roam free, but I do the best I can for them here. They get dog houses filled with sweet, fresh hay tucked back inside a lounging shed full of hay and a soft, cot mattress, a heated water bucket of fresh water and all the garden and deer scraps they can pilfer. They get to run and play and eat all the apples they can hold, bark at all and sundry, and generally be dogs to their heart's content. What a life! :)
I'd love to have one here but it would have to be quiet. We have neighbor that hates barking dogs and calls the police on some who leave their dogs out all day. I never have but I'm across the street from this guy and I worry that even inside they'll bother him. I can't believe he hasn't complained about the rooster yet. My husband's theory is that we've never called the police on him for driving his ATV on the road the way some of the neighbors have so he leaves us alone for the most part.
Back to the dogs. The three I have seem to do a good job keeping everything but mice and squirrels out of the yard. They're oblivious to the chickens and ducks. They're all neutered males and they urinate around the perimeter fence. We've seen one deer in the yard in 20 years.

Latest posts