Bee~ Journal of then...

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thanks! It was a cute wedding and they were so proud to have gotten there....I'm proud of them too! That's one married off! :D

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Hi, Bee! I have missed our chats!!

:hugs

Congrats on your new Daughter!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Your inbox is full...as usual. :D Soooooooo Good to see you, Aly!!!!!! :th :woot :celebrate :weee :clap :ya :hugs Where the heck ya been, girl????? :frow

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I just made room in the inbox.

I've got lots to tell, share, etc.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I understand completely. :) I'm a little older and can see weeds a little quicker maybe....used to identifying them and dealing with them or just not planting anything I value in a patch of soil that seems to only grow weeds well but not much else. :p

So glad you will be growing here again...we've missed your bright spirit and ever present yearning for knowledge and life growth! :hugs And an extra one for good measure... :hugs

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Put the last of the sweet corn in the freezer yesterday....glad that's over with! Didn't raise enough corn to can up this year. Garden was pretty much crap this year.... :(

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Our garden has been a pretty big disappointment this year too, although it was a learning year with this soil, sort of. We set it up just like the one we had at our old house, around the corner from here. That was our first mistake :/ It is frustrating though, to see all your dreamed of plans for everything you planted burned up in the heat and eaten by bugs.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree! I am gardening in different soils this year too and put too heavy a hand on soil additives to raise the nutrition in a plot of ground that has had no additives to the soil in the past 18 years....figured it could use some help. Then the weird weather came along and put the icing on the cake and before I knew it, I had a garden that looked like a newbie had been playing around at farming/gardening. Embarrassing.... :rolleyes:

:smack ....to me for messing around and thinking I could change 18 years of mild soil neglect in one season.

One a lighter note, next year's soil should be dynamite after it has time to absorb, disperse and tone down all the wonderful nutrients I added this year ! :D

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
At least you tried this year. I planted 2 pepper pants in a pot and had one hanging tomato plant. LOL It all died from neglect. Good thing I didn't plant a garden.