Bee's Guest House

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Aww Bee, I just read your post over on BYH about the sale. I feel for ya. The animals really do know what is going on it seems, and they are definitely more intelligent than most give them credit for. They know.
I tried explaining that to someone over there once, and they mocked me saying 'What, did they cry little goaty tears of joy?' 'Just' never know about people.

Your sheep fetched about the same that they do up here, so not too terrible I guess?

And yes, I think that buck was probably a Cashmere or Spanish mix.. Most likely Spanish if it was that large.

http://www.spanishgoats.org/index.htm

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My milker is the smartest animal I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. She tried to help me rake up the compost the other day. Seriously, she watched me for a little while, then took the rake in her mouth & tried to drag it. If she had opposable thumbs, I'd give her a job over some humans I know ;)

They are waaaaay smarter than most folks give them credit for and sometimes way smarter than the folks themselves :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Thanks for house sitting, y'all! :D Pretty weather this weekend but I've had sort of a cold and haven't been able to enjoy it much. I don't get colds often so I'm a little surprised by this one.

Will be picking apples this week and making sauce and apple butter. Can't wait to get out Grandma's old copper kettle and start stirring! :drool

It will be fun to have my boys, mother and my dear sisters over to enjoy the apple harvest....so much fun when family gets together to share laughter and love! :love

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Mmmm, I just love the smell of apple sauce simmering! I do it in a slow cooker so I can enjoy it most of the day:>) Have a great time with your family enjoying the apple harvest Bee!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Bee, I wanted to stop by and tell you that my clover filled lawn is looking fab. It had died last year. For the past couple months I have been adding clover seed and compost to the icky areas. It's dong well.

thanks!!

gina

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
YW! I'm so glad its working for you! :)

Mine is barely holding on in my garden...I'm sure it will recover from this drought when we get some rains this fall, but it sure looks sad right now. :( It is still green but thin and weak right now.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Your pumkins look awesome! You finally got the pow changed!!!!

I am afraid I missed my chance at apples. I was too busy with our peaches, I didn't get a chance to check on my friend who has apple trees :(
I am happy you got lots of them though!!! :weee