Bee's Guest House

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
Remember PART of your job is to continue blessing us!!

So glad that you found a job that needs doing. :weee
yeah!

hugs and kisses, Bee!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Hey, guys! Nice to hear from you all! :D I'll tell you more about the orphanage when the plans are more solid....I have family members who read this forum and like to do the devil's work, so I will keep the info pretty general until my plans are set if you don't mind. ;)

It is overseas and sounds like a wonderful place! I'm very excited to be going for a week in June, if the passport comes through....later, if not. It is in a very poor place and I expect I will lose a lot of weight if I get a long term posting.... the fave dish there is goat's head soup. :sick It is a tropical area and I will get to see and swim in the ocean each week, which is a bonus.

The kids range from teens to babies, some have physical handicaps, some have HIV/AIDS, some have developmental problems from former abuse and some are just unwanted or their families were too poor to keep them fed and healthy. All are beautiful to me!

The orphanage also does an outreach to the community and helps families in any way they can to care for their children and also tries to return children to their own homes, if possible. They educate about hygiene, health, nutrition and, of course, the Lord. Alot of the natives have no electricity or running water and the streams are contaminated with bacteria and parasites, not to mention viruses like Hepatitis A. Some of the children come to the orphanage with parasite infestations and other illnesses caused by drinking from or bathing in the streams.

This place does 10-12 loads of laundry per day! That is laundry for 40+ kids, the staff and anyone in the community they are helping. I'm hoping they can use a handy homemade laundry soap recipe I just happen to know, to defray the cost ..... :D

Water is a big issue there....lack of clean water is a big issue in many parts of the world. I guess one can never really appreciate the US until they learn about or travel to other parts of the world. Water is expensive at the orphanage, as is utilities of any kind. Also any household or hygiene items like shampoo, cleaners, deodorant, etc. Visitors are asked to bring an extra suitcase full of these items, as they are so expensive there. They would rather have the items than the money, as the money doesn't go very far there.

They are trying to live more sustainbly and so put in a flock of layers and a flock of broilers last year....they loved eating their own chickens! They also put in a garden and took in a garbage bag full of produce each day from it! Fortunately they have a great environment for growing veggies and fruits.

I got a look at a pic of their garden and these people need to learn about mulch or green cover crops being their friend! :lol: Lots of weeds in them rows! I'll put a flea in their ear about clover in the pathways....

Did a little research and found that the ideal livestock for that area is....get ready for it.....Katahdin sheep!!! Now is God in control or what? What have I been learning about and applying for some time? Chickens, sheep, gardening, frugal living. What do these people need and need help with? A way to run this orphanage sustainably in a very, very poor economy.

I hope God has prepared me to be of some assistance at this place....I'm praying they need a Christian, retired mom, nurse, massage therapist, gardener, shepherd, chicken raisin', frugal livin', jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none kinda person to help with everything.

I'm praying they can use me.

I'll let you all know more as I learn more and after I've actually visited the place in June. I am so excited...I actually bought some new clothing! Found some great buys at Family Dollar. :D :gig

Please pray for me as I am praying for you all! I miss you and love you muchly! :hugs

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Hey, guys! Nice to hear from you all! :D I'll tell you more about the orphanage when the plans are more solid....I have family members who read this forum and like to do the devil's work, so I will keep the info pretty general until my plans are set if you don't mind. ;)

It is overseas and sounds like a wonderful place! I'm very excited to be going for a week in June, if the passport comes through....later, if not. It is in a very poor place and I expect I will lose a lot of weight if I get a long term posting.... the fave dish there is goat's head soup. :sick It is a tropical area and I will get to see and swim in the ocean each week, which is a bonus.

The kids range from teens to babies, some have physical handicaps, some have HIV/AIDS, some have developmental problems from former abuse and some are just unwanted or their families were too poor to keep them fed and healthy. All are beautiful to me!

The orphanage also does an outreach to the community and helps families in any way they can to care for their children and also tries to return children to their own homes, if possible. They educate about hygiene, health, nutrition and, of course, the Lord. Alot of the natives have no electricity or running water and the streams are contaminated with bacteria and parasites, not to mention viruses like Hepatitis A. Some of the children come to the orphanage with parasite infestations and other illnesses caused by drinking from or bathing in the streams.

This place does 10-12 loads of laundry per day! That is laundry for 40+ kids, the staff and anyone in the community they are helping. I'm hoping they can use a handy homemade laundry soap recipe I just happen to know, to defray the cost ..... :D

Water is a big issue there....lack of clean water is a big issue in many parts of the world. I guess one can never really appreciate the US until they learn about or travel to other parts of the world. Water is expensive at the orphanage, as is utilities of any kind. Also any household or hygiene items like shampoo, cleaners, deodorant, etc. Visitors are asked to bring an extra suitcase full of these items, as they are so expensive there. They would rather have the items than the money, as the money doesn't go very far there.

They are trying to live more sustainbly and so put in a flock of layers and a flock of broilers last year....they loved eating their own chickens! They also put in a garden and took in a garbage bag full of produce each day from it! Fortunately they have a great environment for growing veggies and fruits.

I got a look at a pic of their garden and these people need to learn about mulch or green cover crops being their friend! :lol: Lots of weeds in them rows! I'll put a flea in their ear about clover in the pathways....

Did a little research and found that the ideal livestock for that area is....get ready for it.....Katahdin sheep!!! Now is God in control or what? What have I been learning about and applying for some time? Chickens, sheep, gardening, frugal living. What do these people need and need help with? A way to run this orphanage sustainably in a very, very poor economy.

I hope God has prepared me to be of some assistance at this place....I'm praying they need a Christian, retired mom, nurse, massage therapist, gardener, shepherd, chicken raisin', frugal livin', jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none kinda person to help with everything.

I'm praying they can use me.

I'll let you all know more as I learn more and after I've actually visited the place in June. I am so excited...I actually bought some new clothing! Found some great buys at Family Dollar. :D :gig

Please pray for me as I am praying for you all! I miss you and love you muchly! :hugs
Bee as you described this I just knew it was for you. :hugs

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
the fave dish there is goat's head soup. sickbyc
* sound of Nibbles running for her life in the background*

Bee - i TOTALLY laughed out loud about the sheeps... talk about having your "loss" multiplied for your trouble! yep - He always has a better plan. we'd love to hear more when you can.

*hugs!*
:)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
the fave dish there is goat's head soup. sickbyc
* sound of Nibbles running for her life in the background*

Bee - i TOTALLY laughed out loud about the sheeps... talk about having your "loss" multiplied for your trouble! yep - He always has a better plan. we'd love to hear more when you can.

*hugs!*
:)
:thumbsup

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Sounds good! And keep us updated. Also, if you do go long term, LMK a mailing address and when I can, I'd be willing to ship a load of stuff they could use.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Bee ~great news! My folks just got back from a short term (2 week) mission to an orphanage in the Philippines. It was life changing for them. Prayers and God's Blessings.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Wow Bee, I am soooo excited for you! :weee
What a wonderful opportunity and you right, God has been grooming you to be the one to go and help them!

Wow!

Hugs and prayers! I cant wait to hear more when you are able to share more :ya