Best Apple Peeler/Corer ???

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase one and have been looking at reviews, but each brand has some excellent reviews plus some "don't buy" reviews. So I'm confused. Any thoughts on a good brand that won't break?

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I have a pampered chef on and have had it for about 12 years. Never had a problem with it, and have't evenhad to replace theblade, even though I do use it every year for apple season, and the occasional apple pie/crumble.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks! I just checked it out online... in my price range and it looks nice and sturdy. I have numerous Pampered Chef stuff, knives, pizza stones, etc. and really like them.

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have had my Pampered chef with the wood stand for 11 years now and it is still in great shape, I have noticed with this years use it is dulling a bit. I hope to get another so I hope the quality is still there :)

Oh, and it's perfect for making fast uniform slices for dehydrating my apples!

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I also have a pampered chef peeler/corer/slicer. I've only had it for a year but I love it. Before that I borrowed a pampered chef p/c/s from a friend. She has had it for years and said ordering the parts is simple and easy.

I have 9 apple trees and 2 pear trees..well everyone up here has a bunch of apple trees...point being, my friend and I put our pampered chef p/c/s-ers to the test.

Emerald

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm in the Pampered chef club too.. I really like mine except that there are a few apples that just do not do well... the softer type apples that fall apart and do better as applesauce. I've had it for over 20 years as it was a wedding gift from an Aunt.
If you take the cutting coring blade out it peels potatoes quite well too.
I have three of the hand peelers from PC too.. I bought two(cuz I lost my first one and the minute I got the new one I found the old one and then at a yard sale I found a brand new one in the plastic wrap for a dime and just had to get it.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Are your apples big enough to justify this? Are they normally shaped? If the apples are small, or oddly shapes, you'll lose a lot of apple in the core and have to use a paring knife to clean it up anyway.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have someone who brings me apples in the fall from Tennessee. Yes, they are big enough to justify a peeler/corer/slicer. Sounds like Pampered Chef it is. I saw the wood stand on their website. Worth the extra money?

DrakeMaiden

Sourdough Slave
Reaction score
I was just shopping yesterday and almost picked up a peeler/corer but thought better of it. My husband wondered what the best brand would be. I remember BBH telling me about hers. I'm going to have to get one now. I was wondering about the small apples, as we have a few old trees that only seem to make smaller apples. But we also have some younger trees that are making good sized apples. So I can see I may need one of these devices in the years ahead.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Bring them apples over on Sat and we will see if my p/c/s can get em done. ;)

I mount mine onto the counter and it is fine. I just put a sheet pan under it to collect the juices etc.