best books list

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I agree with Free wholeheartedly. While the bible might not be the preferred read of a young girl, its full of really interesting moral stories and really is very thought provoking even for someone who is not Christian. I am not and I read it a couple of times a year. I always manage to find something in it I had some how missed on on previous reads. Along those same lines.. the koran is another phenomenal read. It has some very impressive poetry and if you have a sound translation, the imagery is unparalleled for its time.

Pride , prejudice and zombies absolutely rocked!.. and on your recommendation I am seeking out World War Z.

The_Realistic_Optimist

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Should have thought of it before, but a few weeks ago I read a good book called
A Dog's Purpose: A novel for humans. The whole book is written from the point of view of the dog. It was really good and made me laugh a couple of times and made me cry twice. Another good recent read was The Help. It was very good.

Strongly recommend Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett, but it has some pretty graphic sex scenes and a rape in it, so it probably is not appropriate for a teen reader.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Wouldn't the bible break the no xxx rule? Rape, incest, murder, etc...?

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The_Realistic_Optimist said:
Should have thought of it before, but a few weeks ago I read a good book called
A Dog's Purpose: A novel for humans. The whole book is written from the point of view of the dog. It was really good and made me laugh a couple of times and made me cry twice. Another good recent read was The Help. It was very good.

I *just * finished that! it was very good! I cried too. so emotional!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
oh, thanks...I have to check out A Dog's Purpose, sounds just like my kind of book, but I like to have recommendations!