Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
For us curvier girls...

Jacquie and Koko
Venezia (Lane Bryant brand)

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Shoes... Sketchers!!! I have 4 pair - a hiking type sandal, ballet type shoe, regular tennis shoe, and a beach/hiking shoe. All are at least 5 years old and still look like brand new and are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn. I wear the sandals every single day during the warm months and the sole doesn't even look like it has any wear. The hiking shoes I found at a consignment shop... took 'em home and sprayed them with Lysol and set them out in the sun. Hopefully I killed any germies!

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love old navy clothes for my boys, I always snag them at goodwill when I see them, they wear well, and wash well. Last fall I snagged a Old Navy winter coat with a removable fleece liner for $2 at a yard sale, a little too big for last winter, but will be perfect this year.

I also swear by the plain white old navy baby-toddler socks, they sell 6 packs for 2/$10 sometimes and they are great quality and have no designs or pattens, so missing socks are no big deal. The sizes are printed on the sole as grippies, so no slipping and easy to match.

Did i mention I LOVE old navy's kids stuff.... :D

garden pixy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have a pair of doc martens boots i found second hand for $10, been wearing them for 10 years now. bought a pair of timberland's retail... looked and felt like hell after a year.

Second on the sketchers, they hold up well. Just had to add insoles to my work shoes after 3 years of waitressing in them, and that's only because I'm preggo and my feet are sensitive.

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Here's another vote for Old Navy jeans. I'm used to buying jeans in thrift shops but had a clothing emergency on the way to an interview. So I sucked it up and bought a pair of new khaki colored jeans and told myself if the job didn't come through, they'd go back to stick to my budget. Got the job- and wore them for work and fun, for 5 years- and they still looked good.
unfortunately- I gained some weight, :( so can't wear them now.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
:hide While I can successfully discuss the differences between Valentino, Prada, Versace, Yamamoto.... If it isn't couture I haven't much clue.

>.>

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
abifae said:
:hide While I can successfully discuss the differences between Valentino, Prada, Versace, Yamamoto.... If it isn't couture I haven't much clue.

>.>
Yeah, I have a hard time choosing between these designers at the Goodwill. :D

Latest posts