best dehydrator

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have big one from Cabelas I bought a decade ago. I have a little round Presto that works awesome for herb drying.

I don't actually dry a lot.

This sucker holds 30 pounds of apples and is a workhorse. I need to get a new piece of plexiglass for it and Mom says I can have it.

20211022_230954.jpg

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
While I think I'd love an expensive Excalibur, I use my little round Presto happily. $8 at a habitat store. If I graduate to way more dehydrating, i'll go for bigger/better. Amount of use for the money controls my standard buys.

That said, I have excellent, top of line, cream separator and cheese press, and canner that were ALL purchased on Craigslist ads from person's not using. Canner brand new, milk/cheese items gently used! All at way, way below cost & value! Takes patience. I have about $225 invested in over $800 worth of items.

So consider options that may be available. Many people get started and then stop. If it's not on the back of a shelf, they sometimes sell and move along. ;)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have big one from Cabelas I bought a decade ago. I have a little round Presto that works awesome for herb drying.

I don't actually dry a lot.

This sucker holds 30 pounds of apples and is a workhorse. I need to get a new piece of plexiglass for it and Mom says I can have it.

View attachment 16825
😲 Wow, just wow - Montgomery Ward