BIG NEWS!!!

Shiloh Acres

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow, congratulations!!!

Must be a LOT to do, so take care of yourself. You must both be so excited! :)

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Fantastic. Rent Free! You should be able to stash a lot of cash!

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What wonderful news! Still with plenty of time to get ready for winter too ! I can't wait for the pics to start coming :)

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Thanx everyone! I am sooo excited! I've got some packing to do today....stuff to put in the car to get us by till we can come back and get the rest. I tell ya, makes me glad I canned all that stuff....I'll be taking 30 days worth of food! woo! I can live without TV for a month, and with a Rent-A-Center around, I can get by. And yes, plenty of time before winter! I'll be taking the washboard, as the house doesn't have a washer/dryer. I can wash in the bathtub with no worries.

Tomorrow the animals will be picked up by their new owner, and maybe by the afternoon we can hit the road. If not it will be Sunday when we pull out. I sat last night making a list of what to take....funny how weird it looks....towels, TP, dishes, etc.

How did we find a job like that? DH was sitting in a truck stop waiting for his turn to pick up a load of hogs. While waiting he was looking through the AgriNews website and happened upon this Help Wanted ad. Oddly enough, the man posted it yesterday at noon, and at 1230 DH was calling him. By yesterday evening we had the job. We'd been talking about leaving this farm, needing to get to a place that made us both mentally and emotionally happier. Don't get us wrong, this place is great, but for the direction we want to go in our lives it wasn't big enough. The house is too big and the land too small. And the emotional toll it was taking on us being around his family was driving us in the ground. I had told him this morning...I put in 10 years of pretending things were ok when we were around them. I'm tired. The fakeness, backstabbing, lieing and deceit has worn me down to a nub. It has done the same to him, he admitted. He finally broke down and said he was tired of trying to make them happy, that it was time for US to be happy. :love

So, there's the story! lol I can't wait!!!

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
what an adventure! sounds like you are ready for the break, and looking forward to new challenges. Keep us posted!

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That is great news PG! You are lucky to have such an adventerous life,..what I wouldn't give to have a change of scenery. Good luck and have fun!