BIG NEWS!!!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
CONGRATS JEN

so glad u are super excited and having a great time!
hope it all works well for both of u!!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Yes, I'm in the 81151 zip code, and my mailman comes out of Sanford, why I'm not sure because San Acacio has a Post Office. But I guess when there's only about, ooohhh, 100 people in the whole town, a bigger hub is needed! :rolleyes: :hu

I can put up my addy, and if you mapquest it, and click on the aerial view, you can actually see the crop circles as well as the clump of trees that the house sits under, ha! How weird is that? :ep

Thanx again everyone for all the well wishes.....makes me glad to have a great group of people to come to.

And thanx for the idea about mixing in the rabbit manure now so it will be ready for spring.... :hugs I have to re-learn how to garden out here, with the different soil and zone.

As it stands, we have no TV, barely any internet, barely a phone, a couch, a blow up mattress with a slow leak, and some dishes and stuff I canned. Talk about minimal stuff! I figure this place is less than half of what I moved out of. About 1,000ft of living space, compared to the 2,500 I was in. But actually, its pretty nice having a small space. The kitchen is a good size, and the dining room will fit my table and that blends right in with the living room. So it seems bigger than it is I guess, which is fine. I've already got it in my head what I'll bring to put in and what goes in storage.

Anyway, time to get back to work!! :frow

Marshmallow Man

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Try Skybeam for internet service. They use a radio setup for 39.99 a month and it's faster than the dish setups and more reliable. Cheaper to install too.

Who needs TV. Someday I'm going to talk the wife in to dumping it.

Do they ever grow anything in the areas that the circle doesn't cover?

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Marshmallow Man said:
Try Skybeam for internet service. They use a radio setup for 39.99 a month and it's faster than the dish setups and more reliable. Cheaper to install too.

Who needs TV. Someday I'm going to talk the wife in to dumping it.

Do they ever grow anything in the areas that the circle doesn't cover?
Oddly, no. If you draw a circle inside a square, the corners are whats left, and its just ....well, native grass. I think the reason for that is because they drive over it all to get to the sprinklers, to cut, bail, and haul it out. Gives them room to get in and out without destroying anything.

As for TV, I only have a couple or 3 shows I watch, and if I don't see them, I don't really mind. I'll look into that Skybeam and see if they cover out here. Thanx!! :D

So now the question for everyone who lives at high altitude (I'm at 8,000 feet)......what do I need to know about canning? When my grandma canned, it seemed it was only jelly and she just sealed the top with parafin. Help!!

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
So all those crop circles are hay?

Cant help you with the jelly, sorry.

I'm glad you acclimated so well. :hugs
Yep! Hard to believe, but they are! No aliens here, they stayed in Roswell, lol.

Thanx :D :hugs

Marshmallow Man

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We are at 6500 ft. Wife says it is one extra pound pressure for every 1000 ft over 1000ft altitude. So if she is supposed to can at 10 lbs she uses 15. Sounds like you would use 17 lbs.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
EXCELLENT information! THANK YOU!!! I would have hated to ruin a batch of...well, whatever..... :bow :thumbsup