Big Ole Pot of Happy

Devonviolet

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My favorite way to cook it is in the crock pot with a bottle of red wine and lots of garlic and rosemary. Oh my!
Mmm! That sounds yummy! I hadn't thought of using Rosemary. DUH!!! I have lots of it & love cooking with it.

I used to make Beef Burgandy, with lots of garlic & mushrooms. Since then, I have discovered that the sulfites, in the wine, give me migraines. So, I don't drink wine anymore. But I will definitely be adding rosemary next time!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Youngest daughter came in and said God what smells so good? I said I got a big ole pot of happy on stove, go and get you some. So she did and said I tastes as good as it smells - delicious.
IMG_20171208_153417251.jpg

If it were up to me, I would have a pot of soup on the stove every day during the winter. Made with whatever kind of meat of the day maybe even fish heads who knows...

Soups are so easy to make and they are usually delicious too.

Anyways I'm about to pull the carcass out and pick it clean and also fish out bones and skin from the soup. Of course I'll freeze the carcass and bones so my wife can make broth later.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That looks wonderful! Recipe please?

Hope your wife gets to feel better soon..

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Leftover soup is always a good thing to make. Big ole pot of happy! Looks yummy!

TexasLisa

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
CrealCritter, your wife is a lucky woman! I hope she feels better soon.

Your soup looks delicious!

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I agree. I'm also married to a man who can cook. I do the day to day meals for us to survive. He cooks the special meals that help us THRIVE! :drool
He's got a big ham in the oven already this morning!

@CrealCritter your soup looks wonderful! And I know it must have been a big blessing for your wife to be able to get up and have something already hot and simmering... I too could eat soup every day!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My husband cooked breakfast this morning! Bacon and eggs! I usually cook, he cleans up. He isn't a cook, but can do easy things. I am glad for what he does, it's nice to wake up to coffee, bacon and eggs!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He is a cool guy! He indulges me in my madness. Our son in law told him that he grabbed hold of a tornado. LOL LOL