Bimpnottin's Journal - OFG: Bacon scarf

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Considering I should be doing something else right now, why not start a journal - which will be horribly inept compared to some of the great people on this site. :hide

Anywhos....

My name is Traci
I'm 35 years old.
Born in Oconto Falls, WI. Lived in Amherst, WI until 5th grade. Moved to Gillett, WI to finish out high school. Now, after going to college in River Falls, WI, I live near Pulaski, WI. (I'm such a homebody!)
Met my husband of almost 13 years at Univ of Wisconsin - River Falls in freshman chem lab. He he, you could say "it was chemistry" :clap
We have three beautiful daughters ages 8, 4, and 2. (Kaelyn, Sarah, and Gwendolyn) We also have 2 angel boys, Nicholas and Nathaniel, who should be here and be 1, but God had other plans for my angels. :(

My parents were into self-sufficiency, DIY, long before it was cool. In fact, I really used to think my parents were weird when they would go pick something from the yard (not the garden, but the yard) and turn it into some kind of tea. And pick mushrooms, and other stuff - however, it wasn't always a case of doing it because they could, it was a case of doing it because we couldn't afford any other way. (This is me finally getting it :smack )

While I was growing up, my Mom and Dad raised breeding sows and my Dad worked for an equity as the feeder pig manager. I raised market barrows for the fair for 4-H and FFA from the time I could enter until I was too old. I love pigs! :love We always had chickens and ducks, and even goats for a couple of years. Just a month ago, I found out that they weren't our goats, but a friend's who had too many in milk at once. As a 10-year-old, goats are really a pain in the butt, especially when it's your job to go across the creek and cut grass for them every day. (Note to all, just because goldenrod grows in clumps and is easy to pick , DO not pick it for your goats!!! The milk tastes horrible, no matter how much chocolate milk powder you add to it! :sick)

We live on 3 acres in the middle of Wisconsin farm country. If I could do it over, I would have picked a different 3 acres, but I'm stuck with this one. We raised chickens a few years ago and I don't think my family will ever let me live down the "but it was cheaper to get 100 than 25" - yeah, that wasn't so smart. (well, it was cheaper, but I don't think I can ever get them back here to butcher 100 chickens on the same day again). We're hoping to get into goats and I would love to raise a couple of butcher hogs each summer, but we're seriously lacking on fencing and a shelter, so one step at a time. (This summer, it was convincing hubby that we could get animals - next summer, it will be doing something about getting them! :ya )

Ok, that's all for now, because I'm getting the totally undignified "Come wipe my butt" call from the 4-year-old... :ep sigh, I love my kids.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I was born in Cudahy and grew up in Wausau. Partied in most of the small towns throughout the state at one point or the other (I was a wild child).

Moved to Colorado at 19 because they winters here are WAY milder and the mosquitos are smaller, and a lot less populous :D

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well, considering I graduated with a class of 53 and my daughter's class at her Catholic school is only 20 kids, we're not exactly populous here.... :)

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:barnie ok, here's my total stress out for the day.

I have my first craft show coming up next week, as in everything there is made by me, not sharing a space, all MINE. The friend that I was going to borrow the tent from just let me know that her husband is going to be using the tent at the weekend soccer tournament, but hey, I can still use her tables!!!! :he (This might not be so bad, but she didn't call me to tell me this, she told me only after I posted about stressing out getting my stuff ready for the craftshow on my facebook!!!!))

Now, I need to find a decent tent with sides for next weekend, because it's a 2-day show. My space is 10x15, so figured would need the 10x10 tent. Had someone offer me their 10x20 tent - uh, great, except my space isn't that big. :idunno:idunno

:barnie GACK!!!! It was bad enough hoping I had enough stock (which I've got what I can get done, done, but hoping that it's not enough and I sell out - yeah right) but to find a tent at the last minute.

Oh yeah, can't go shopping tomorrow in Green Bay (closest place that might have something) because it's a big race (Bellin Run) and some stupid concert at Lambeau Field.

There, my rant for the day, because I'm running out of options, and was hoping to break even after this show for having all my crafting stuff paid for - so next show would be all profit. Won't happen if I have to buy a tent.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is not getting any better. :( Sam's does have the stupid tent, but it's $200. :th

So, now the question becomes: :idunno 1. do I say screw it to the $50 I already paid for my vendor fee or 2. do I go to Sam's, pay the $200 for the stupid tent, and hope to make back my money? To finish paying for all the crafting supplies in the house and my vendor fee I need to make $124. That is totally doable (I hope!!!!) However, I don't know if $324 is doable over a 2-day show. The best I've ever done, while sharing a space was $155 on a 1-day show.

HELP!!!!!! What do you think I should do? :hit