Bimpnottin's Journal - OFG: Bacon scarf

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
OK, but remember, you asked for it.

:smack And, here's another one for good measure. :smack Glad I could help. :plbb

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Hope the craft show is a success for you. Walmart and Target usually carry a variety of tents- including some that might work.
Or come you get away with a (cheaper) dining canopy for one event- then have him pick up the 10 x 10 at auction for you?

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello there! I know what it feels like prepping for a craft show..I have one next weekend. Thankfully I have everything, even the tent, so all I have to do is label my soaps and I'm done - except there's probably 200 bars to label!

I actually read your name as Big Pimpin... :p I know, they're really not the same at all, but when you see almost the same letters all garbled up, well, it makes sense sort of! :hide

Welcome to the forum!

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:weee Yeah, craft show went much better than I anticipated. I actually came within $13 dollars of what I hoped to make for the entire weekend and considering it POURED :barnie all day today and I still made $20, I'm thrilled!

My SIL sat with me today, so she could help me take everything down. Ok, it was cold and wet, but we had a blast spending the day together and came up with a whole bunch of new ideas that we'll have to work on.

I do hate thinking that my stuff is very fairyly priced and I'm paying myself not even close to minimum wage for my time and you still get the "you want how much for that?" Then, I had some people who really understood the time and effort that went into making everything that I handsew. The only problem is, sometimes the ones who know how much time something took are the ones who can go home and make it themselves.

OK, here's my personal rant. WTH happened to kids' imaginations! :idunno I mean seriously, my tagline for my Etsy shop is Let your Imagination Roam! Hug a Gnome! There are no instructions with the toys I make, you're supposed to come up with your own situations. Life isn't scripted, why is play supposed to be?

I did have some very creative kids come up and rearrange my booth yesterday. Obviously, I didn't do it right. :lol: Because I had one little girl move all the pirates into the dungeon of a castle and guard the door with the dragons, so the prince could rescue the princess. It was awesome! :ya Those are the kinds of kids that totally GET what do do with their imagination.

Now, it's time to dry off. I've got stuff spread all through the house trying to dry it out, before I store it in tubs again.

Bonus, had a couple of people come up and tell me that I make great stuff! :celebrate and I was invited to 2 more shows. Going to sign up for one of them in July and think..... about the other one for next year.

Pics of some of my stuff.

3315_100_7349.jpg

3315_100_7350.jpg

3315_100_7352.jpg

3315_100_7359.jpg

3315_100_7364.jpg

3315_100_7367.jpg

3315_100_7368.jpg

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wifezilla said:
I love the gnome houses! :D
Thanks! Takes me at least 6 hours to do one. The bottom is a circle cut from a felted old army blanket. After I needle felt the design into that, in this case the brown pathway, rock garden, and guard dragonflies :p, I needle felt the stem of the mushroom into Pellon 70 interfacing and sew it together into the circle and then sew it onto the army blanket. Then, I still need to felt into the top of the mushroom. The tops are removable and most of the mushrooms have doors that open. Phew, tired just thinking of all that!

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Damummis said:
Way cute. :D
Thank you. I think so and so do my toughest critics: my daughters and my nephews. Hence the reason for pirate gnomes, because they weren't playing with "girl" toys. :lol: