Bimpnottin's Journal - OFG: Bacon scarf

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok, new day and new attitude about this stupid tent issue...:/ hmm, might need a little more work on the new attitude :rolleyes:

No one I know owns one of those tents and no one around here rents them. So, here's my last ditch effort - I put a Wanted ad on Craigslist to see if I can rent/borrow from someone. :fl

But, here is the irony of all ironies....:barnie my Dad called yesterday and told me that it's too bad next weekend is next weekend. I asked him what else was going on next weekend. The local auction house is selling the inventory from a tent rental place starting with tents that are 10x10 up to 30x200 (that is one HUGE tent!) But because I need a tent for next weekend, that won't work.

But, on the positive side... if I have to buy a tent, there is another Faerie Festival coming up in a month, albeit 1 1/2 hours away, that I would be able to use it for again, if I can get the stock built again. (See, positive attitude - assuming that I will have to build up stock again!!!!!!)

Really, I'm trying.

Ok, going for better attitude and leaving for good food - taking the family to Breakfast on the Farm, which I'm really excited about. It's the farm I worked on during high school. I spent 1000's of hours milking cows.....

Have a great Sunday everyone.

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Well, if you're going to be doing more craft shows in the future, an investment in a tent might not be a bad idea. Especially if you can get one at auction. Won't help you with this show but would in the future.

What's breakfast on the farm? Sounds like fun.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Breakfast on the Farm is done by the county dairy associations. It's hosted usually by the big dairy farms. This morning, it was at my high school employers who have turned it over to their sons. When I was there we milked about 120 cows. Now they are milking 300 cows and have about 800 acres.

They get lots of volunteers from the 4-H clubs, FFA chapters, etc to cook and do activities. This morning, we had scrambled eggs with ham and oodles of cheese, cheese sticks, yogurt, cubed cheese to try, pancakes with real maple syrup, milk, sausages. THen you can walk around the barns, see the animals, go through the petting zoo, watch the kids on the pedal tractors, face painting, etc. Then, you top it off with a big ice cream sundae from a local ice cream maker with local strawberries or maple syrup or homemade chocolate sauce. Plus the local fire departments and ambulance squads are there and today Eagle III (flight for life helicopter) flew in and landed while we were there.

My girls are mad that we only stayed for 2 hours.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Turned into a busier afternoon than I thought it would be. Mom dropped off a bunch of plants yesterday, so we had to get those in today. Some hostas, some butterfly balm, a couple of highbush cranberry, donkey tail, sedum, and some other stuff that I have no clue what it was. I won't remember what half of it is next week. I'm so not a plant person. :idunno

Did finish caging the tomato plants and mulching the garden.

I should cut the grass, but the neighbor is home this week, so she can watch the kids for me while I'm doing that.

If I get ambitious, I need to spray all the fruit trees and I have to get the Round Up and attack some plants.

Oh yeah, I found 4 ripe strawberries and my hubby and I shared them. I haven't told the kids that they are getting ripe, otherwise I'd never get any.

On the book for this week, I have to find my raspberries. Darn weeds. Need to get the dog to the vet for her shots, kinda forgot about that and have to get it done this week, because she's going to the kennel next week while we're at an out-of-town wedding. Need to find my rock garden and expand that, too.

But on the fun side, since the neighbor is off, we're going to take the kids to the zoo one day this week. I buy a zoo pass every year, so we can get in for nothing this week. Then, we'll picnic at the zoo. It's really cool being able to feed the giraffes. Couldn't last time we went, drove in and so did 4 busloads of kids. Did get to feed the fat goats in the petting zoo, though.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Welcome Bimpnottin! Journaling is fun.

So sorry to read about your sons. :hugs

You did not say what kind of crafts you do, like the one on your avatar?

I think that you should look at the tent as a business investment, if you do craft shows it would be useful on many occasions.

What does Bimpnottin mean?

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
Welcome Bimpnottin! Journaling is fun.

So sorry to read about your sons. :hugs thanks...

You did not say what kind of crafts you do, like the one on your avatar?

I think that you should look at the tent as a business investment, if you do craft shows it would be useful on many occasions.

What does Bimpnottin mean?
Well, my sister keeps telling me to start a blog. I think a low-key journal is a good start.

My current crafts (notice current :ya) are handsewing gnomes on wooden peg dolls, handmade fairies, needle-felting 3D mushroom houses, needle-felting mats (like the one in my avatar) and crocheting little purses with wool yarn and then using the washing machine to felt (shrink) them down into little kid purses. I've been trying to sell some of my stuff on my Etsy site www.Gnomecentral.etsy.com to try and make back some of the money I have invested in it... :lol: (My husband is very supportive! ;) ) At this point, because I'm getting ready for the craft show, I can't wait to get back to crafting for fun. I have 2 baby afghans to crochet. [one of these days, I'll figure out how to count so I can figure out a pattern, but right now this college-educated girl can't count crochet stitches or follow a pattern! :p ) I also can't wait to get back to painting. I love to paint with acrylics - everything from saw blades with nature scenes to flower fairies on placemats.

Trying my last ditch effort of trying to get a tent on Craigslist, but pretty much resigned to getting the thing at Sam's. Told you, trying to get a better attitude about it. :rolleyes:

And Bimpnottin is actually the name of one of my D&D characters from ages ago, but it turned into my nickname and my measure of anonymity online. :hide

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
That sounds cute, you should post some pictures of your booth when you get it all bought and set up!

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
That sounds cute, you should post some pictures of your booth when you get it all bought and set up!
I'll see if I can figure out the pictures thing......

Did go buy the tent tonight, even did it with a smile :hu probably helped that I went with the neighbor and we went for drinks afterwards. :clap Makes life a little easier to handle!!!

I think I have officially hit the crafting wall. I have 2 castles an hour away from finishing them, literally it's down to doing the blanket stitches around the outside of the pieces of felt I glue on as bricks and attaching the velcro.....and I JUST DON'T WANNA!!!!! :barnie

Going to the zoo with the kids and the neighbor tomorrow. Neighbor is on vacation this week, so we spend a ton of time together with the kids. Probably the most I'll drink all summer, is drinking with her in the afternoons... :lol: This week and then her week off in July... :)

Got the grass cut today and that was about it...oh well, at least I got that accomplished today.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:th Ok, spent 3 hours at the zoo with the kids. Some days they are good, today, WAS NOT :p one of those days. THought we lost my 4yo, which scared the bejesus out of me. I swear she's going on a leash next time. She's my wanderer.

Kids got to feed the giraffe today. He is awesome. He lets you pet him and he takes the big crackers that the zoo sells. I took a ton of pictures, but they haven't made it into the house and on to the computer, yet. When they do, I'll try and post a couple. The penguins were really active today, really swimming around in their tank. Then we ate a picnic lunch and let the kids play on the big playground.

Now, they are sleeping and I am falling asleep in my chair. :rolleyes:

Goal for the rest of the day. A short nap sounds good. Then, must finish those castles. Have to remember to get hubby to stop for a yellow printer cartridge. Have to figure out how to do the initial assembly on our EZ-up tent. Suppose I should do dishes...I might get that far. Supper...ugh - no clue. Wine coolers need to go into fridge - do I have my priorities straight or what...:lol:

oh yeah, should really call some of my customers and try and set up appointments for the next few days. I really need to get some of my audits done. Too bad the boss isn't very understanding (love my father, but not always working for him :plbb ) about trying to get my act together for this craft show.

Bimpnottin

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Really, I shouldn't be complaining... :duc (somehow that always prefaces at least a little bit of whining! :hide) But why does everything happen at once?

I've been going crazy getting ready for my craft show this weekend. So, staying up late and getting up early for that.

Plus, I'm working for my father doing farm audits this summer. I can't tell him I don't want to work, but this week is not good for me. So, now on top of crafting and doing the regular summer stuff with my kids, I now am watching my nephew tomorrow because he didn't feel good today and daycare won't take him tomorrow. :he Plus, I've got an audit tomorrow night that has to be turned in by Friday, so Dad can turn it in and get paid for it ----which means I get paid for it. :p Then, Friday, I have to go pick up yarn that was for sale on Craigslist - okay, this one is totally my fault. :idunno :weee 40 skeins of 4 oz wool yarn for $20. :celebrate Then, I have an audit Friday afternoon. Here's where I lost my mind: (more so than normal) Craft show is done at 5 p.m. on Saturday, so after being there since 7 a.m., I scheduled an audit for 6:30 Saturday night - yeah, I'm going to be braindead for that one. I would totally reschedule, but this guy has a strawberry patch, so I'm never going to catch him since the patch opens next week.

Ok, just had to whine, because I'm going to be insanely busy, but this is what someone needs to do to me :smack since everything I'm going to be doing (except watching my nephew - and that's just decent auntliness) is making me money.

Ugh.