Reaction score
anyone go?

I sure didn't.
Never have.

Just wondering if anyone tried it?

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Not really. I didn't wait for the stores to open for their early bird hours but I did go to a store later in the day.
We started a new tradition with a Black Friday tag sale! But I took some of the money we made and bought a few games for my son at Walmart later that day. They weren't BF specials though.
Years ago I went to a department store for BF special and got my mom something at a deep discount. I hated it.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Totally went! My mom and I always go! This year we went to JoAnn's so I could load up on the fabric sales!
We hit a few other places too.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
PamsPride said:
Totally went! My mom and I always go! This year we went to JoAnn's so I could load up on the fabric sales!
We hit a few other places too.
Now that I shoulda done!!

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
DH & I went this year, not early or anything. This is the first year he has been off on Friday after Thanksgiving. We just wanted to get out and about for a while.

We just leisurely strolled around and bought a couple of things. We had a nice lunch and stretched our legs in the mall.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I went to the mall near the car dealership while my truck was being worked on. I didn't go until after noon so the big rush was over. It is a small mall that is slowly dieing anyway so it may not have been busy.

The only reason I went was because I was tired of sitting in the waiting room. I had already been there four hours.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Not me - no way. Never have and can in all honesty say I probably never will.
Now if I was really hungry and the grocery store had a sale like that - maybe.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I have never gone shopping on the day after thanksgiving.
My son had to be at work at 4:30 a.m though since he works at Circuit City.
I just have never been in that shopping frenzy mode, besides I don't go overboard on my Christmas gifts anyway.
I think most of those deals are just lures to get you into the stores and then its always like, oh you need a rebate or we are out of those items.
You can get those same deals all month really.
I personally think it should be stopped to a point, I mean we were just talking yesterday about the walmart worker who was crushed to death by a throng of overzealous shoppers trying to get into the store.
Are people really that desperate to spend their money? Do they really buy into the fake sales? Its crazy.

angie68

Power Conserver
Reaction score
i avoid is at all costs! I will be checking out cyber monday though. I don't plan on buying anything. My happy holiday just includes a nice meal, forget gifts! We are having a hard time making ends meet and gifts just seem so shallow when food and shelter is at the top of the list! I may have to get rid of my internet and go back to the cheap dial up i had.....it's a great deal....5.95 a month.....just not sure what do do yet.