Blackbird's SS Journal - Country to City

lalaland

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ah, blackbird, you sound just sad. Hope you are taking care of yourself and finding something to smile about.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Yeah, pretty pathetic huh?

Since I moved here I have huge bags under my eyes that won't go away.

On the plus side, I made some whole wheat pancakes with whey, real maple syrup, and blueberry jam. Yummy!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:hugs

Our poor sad Blackbird needs to get back to the woods and his goaties. :(

You should start looking around for a farm job. Your experience would be valuable.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Aww, shoot, come here and I'll give you a big ol' hug! Sheee-ooot! How can we cheer you up? You need an exit strategy, bigtime! How's the soap business coming along? What about doing a farmer's market with some soaps?

:hugs

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Just out of sorts I suppose.

FF, that would be a good idea but I've always been 'too' country to city people, and not country enough to the country folks. When really I don't even fall into the middle. Not to generalize and be stereotypical, but most of the farmers here are the hetero, white, bible thumping, holier than thou (yet very hypocritical) types that would look down on me just by the sight of my hair.

Also, all the farms around here are the 'big' kind, not big big, but fueled by Monsanto, keep your cattle in the feedlot type of farms. I also don't know how to operate large machinery which appears to be required by most hired hands (there's also the fact that I have no way of getting to these farms).

What's a freak to do? :lol:

2uge4p4.gif

Blue Skys

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Just out of sorts I suppose.

FF, that would be a good idea but I've always been 'too' country to city people, and not country enough to the country folks. When really I don't even fall into the middle. Not to generalize and be stereotypical, but most of the farmers here are the hetero, white, bible thumping, holier than thou (yet very hypocritical) types that would look down on me just by the sight of my hair.

Also, all the farms around here are the 'big' kind, not big big, but fueled by Monsanto, keep your cattle in the feedlot type of farms. I also don't know how to operate large machinery which appears to be required by most hired hands (there's also the fact that I have no way of getting to these farms).

What's a freak to do? :lol:

http://www.pic4ever.com/images/2uge4p4.gif
That just reminded me of "The Real Dirt on Farmer John" especially with the flowers and green flowy thingys. You'll find where you belong, it may just take some time. But if you haven't watched that movie, I recommend it. You're not the only "weirdo"!!! :D