Booze!

hankus

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Cold is liquor weather ;) Usually a pint will make a week. Hardly drink fore dark. Got too many things to do with out burnin daylight. Now wait til spring when the garden starts and the days get long. Then its bring on the beer.

Up-the-Creek

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hankus said:
Cold is liquor weather ;) Usually a pint will make a week. Hardly drink fore dark. Got too many things to do with out burnin daylight. Now wait til spring when the garden starts and the days get long. Then its bring on the beer.
:thumbsup

How do you get a pint to last a week????? :lol:

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love me some egg nog with Southern Comfort!

And SKR8PN, here's my variation on what we call Apple Pie:

1 gallon Apple Cider
1 gallon Apple Juice
4 cups sugar (less or more to taste)
2 bottles cinnamon sticks
1/2 bottle cloves
big bottle Everclear (grain alcohol)

combine everything but alcohol in stockpot and simmer until you've cooked out an amount approximately equal to the alcohol. Let it cool enough that the alcohol won't evaporate when added to it, strain, and then add the Everclear. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. If served at a party, make sure the guests now it's spiked - I'm not kidding, you wouldn't know it!

And ditto what SKR8PN says - make sure you're staying home (or within walking distance if at the neighbors ;) ) or have a DD - even a small amount of this will light you up! (And it goes fabulously well with this tortilla chip dip - mix 1lb brick Velveeta and 2 cans chili, no beans. Keep warm in crock pot)

edit: using a funnel, pour finished product back into the empty gallon jugs for storing - at least until you've saved up enough empty Everclear bottles ;)

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
I don't understand eggnog. It looks and smells like chicken soup that's been left out for 3 days. And since 'nog' sounds like something we would have been chastised for doing by the nuns, I'm leery. Well, now that I think of it THAT way, maybe I gotta try me some nog!

I made plum pudding last year, just to find out what the he** THAT is. After that, I found a little fancy-looking jar of 'Hard Sauce' that says it's for plum pudding. I found it at the last-chance store, can't imagine why. Seems everyone would be clamoring for hard sauce for their plum pudding, doesn't it?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
I love me some egg nog with Southern Comfort!

And SKR8PN, here's my variation on what we call Apple Pie:

1 gallon Apple Cider
1 gallon Apple Juice
4 cups sugar (less or more to taste)
2 bottles cinnamon sticks
1/2 bottle cloves
big bottle Everclear (grain alcohol)

combine everything but alcohol in stockpot and simmer until you've cooked out an amount approximately equal to the alcohol. Let it cool enough that the alcohol won't evaporate when added to it, strain, and then add the Everclear. Serve warm, room temperature, or cold. If served at a party, make sure the guests now it's spiked - I'm not kidding, you wouldn't know it!

And ditto what SKR8PN says - make sure you're staying home (or within walking distance if at the neighbors ;) ) or have a DD - even a small amount of this will light you up! (And it goes fabulously well with this tortilla chip dip - mix 1lb brick Velveeta and 2 cans chili, no beans. Keep warm in crock pot)

edit: using a funnel, pour finished product back into the empty gallon jugs for storing - at least until you've saved up enough empty Everclear bottles ;)
Bethanial, that is pretty much the same recipe we started out with. We have just simplified and refined it. ;) The Junior Johnson's is a LOT smoother and much easier to get around here than Everclear.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh wow

too much fruit punch everclear on hot summer day

yikes
need I say more --tough stuff! :)

curly_kate

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
My grandma used to make bourbon slush. Oh man was that good stuff. I remember my mom gave me a teeny tiny little glass of it on the holidays when I was a kid (oh, the horror!). We haven't had it since Grandma passed a few years ago, and it's probably a good thing. It's one of those drinks that doesn't feel like drinking, so verrrry dangerous. :D

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
lol curly
grandma knew her stuff

the drinks that taste so delish and go down easy are the ones that nail ya when you stand up haha

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The older I get, the less I drink... I make my own sangria (very weak!) and stick to that. But I do love eggnog with a shot of whiskey - yum!