Border protection has seized enough fentanyl to kill 794 million people

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I witnessed the effects first hand tonight. My wife said: I send you to town and you find all kinds of drama. I said: I don't find drama, it finds me.

After trying to wake this young lady up at the gas station, I called 911 because she was unresponsive and her body was locked in a fetal posistion. While I waited guarding her to keep her safe with my pistol holstered, because I wasn't in the best part of town. I managed to get a softly spoken word of fentanyl out of her. I called 911 again and said I believe she is overdosing on fentanyl, please hurry up!

She remained in this locked fetal position until the paramedics arrived. The police came right behind the paramedics. Took all my personal information, I had my pistol taken and unloaded, had to show my CC license, be frisked and the whole 9 yards. But you know what I don't care! It was worth alI police BS. But d_mn it, build the f-ing wall and get the boarder secured already, this poison is pouring over the mexico boarder and it's some totally jacked up sh_t.

IMG_20190822_211412.jpg

https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/US/border-protection-stored-fentanyl-kill-794-million-isnt/story?id=64444041

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
X2 on how she's doing now? So glad you took the time and made the effort to help her :hugs

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Your picture is just so impactful; thank you for posting it.

And thank you for taking the time to save her life.

We have a huge opiod epidemic going on around here. Employers can't find enough employees to fill vacant jobs because so many people test positive for drug use and are therefore unemployable.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Your picture is just so impactful; thank you for posting it.

And thank you for taking the time to save her life.

We have a huge opiod epidemic going on around here. Employers can't find enough employees to fill vacant jobs because so many people test positive for drug use and are therefore unemployable.

Drugs is a huge problem all over the country. Some part of the country are worse than others. But the good news is I think our president gets it (about time is all I can say). Quote from the article above.

"I am ordering all carriers, including Fed Ex, Amazon, UPS and the Post Office, to SEARCH FOR & REFUSE all deliveries of Fentanyl from China (or anywhere else!)," Trump tweeted Friday.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hate where our country is with drugs!! I hate where our country is with shootings!!

CC -- you did good!! Even though you had to go thru the police check, you saved her life! We know that they MUST check the persons who report and hold a cc, etc. That is their job. But, it's obvious that you were doing "what you said" and I commend you for that.

I hate that so many young people are hooked on these drugs.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I hate where our country is with drugs!! I hate where our country is with shootings!!

CC -- you did good!! Even though you had to go thru the police check, you saved her life! We know that they MUST check the persons who report and hold a cc, etc. That is their job. But, it's obvious that you were doing "what you said" and I commend you for that.

I hate that so many young people are hooked on these drugs.

In all honesty now that its over and I've had time to dwell on what happened, it makes me want to cry. I don't know if you can see in the picture but look at the position of her left hand on the asphalt. No way my hand could be in a position like that normally.

Her body was locked in this fetal position even when they picked her up and put her on the stretcher. I've never seen anyone like this before. But now i know I was frightened for her and what I did was more of a protective instinct, than it was any type of thought process. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about, it's just hard for me to put into meaningful words.

Not at all upset about what happened with the police, your right it's their job and I respect them for securing the situation first for everyone's safety.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
:hugs CC, you did the right thing. And I sincerely hope, wherever she is now, that she's o.k. and remembering you for helping her.