Breeding season 2010

Sundancers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Our season will be around Mid Nov. (no more frozen babies for me)
The buck and my ram are ready to go ... but I will wait a little longer ... about mid Nov. ...

Cinebar

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sundancers said:
The buck and my ram are ready to go ... but I will wait a little longer ... about mid Nov. ...
Yes, I'm shooting for around mid-November, too. That puts babies coming around the middle of April - nice time for babies here in the Pacific Northwest.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Sundancers said:
:welcome :frow

Sundancers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Sundancers said:
:welcome :frow
Thanks and Hello ...

Mid Nov. works for me ...

But to each there own ... :)

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just put my Ewes in with the Ram...I am leaving them together untill 1 Jan, then he goes back in his Bachelor pad. If he can't get the job done by January...well...I guess I will sell the Ewes he cant get. There are only 3 ewes in there, so it shouldn't be a problem. ;) Little Albert is not allowed to breed this year..poor guy. Laura and Angel are not allowed to breed either. So, that leaves Sonny Boy..with Nelly, April, and Mary. Poor Sonny...about 3 hours after I put them together....I saw him layinh down...so I went out to check on them, and he was laying there panting...worn plum out! :lol: I think I saw a little smile tho. ;) Good luck to all of us dureing this breeding time...I hope they all take!!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Yay for breeding season! Mark your calendars!! Hehe.

We are aiming for Libby to get bred whenever she next comes into heat and the rest of the girls will be late Nov. to mid December. This year will go much smoother because we won't be trying to train first fresheners to the stand! Ugh. That's a nightmare.

Welcome to SS Sundancers! What kind of goats and sheep do you have?

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
June, my ober doe was bred a couple of weeks ago. If she didn't settle she'll be coming into heat again in the next week. My ewe was bred a few weeks ago as well, and she didn't come into heat again last week. :fl I'm picking up my other ewe from the breeders today, so I'll be sending blood samples in to Biotracking in the next few weeks to get tested so I know for sure who is preggo. :D

Sundancers

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome.:D

We have nubian and nubian/alpine cross dairy goats and jacob sheep.