Breeding season 2010

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I'm enjoying reading about your goat-breeding hijinks, free!

Dixie's next heat should be in a couple more weeks, which puts her delivery after my busy time at work. I simply can't leave DH to deliver a few kids by himself while I work overtime, even if he were willing. :p

I don't think I am going to breed Umbra this time around, she still seems so small & young, at least compared with her mom. She's almost 9 months old, I don't think she's had a heat yet. Now if she happens to go into a late heat this winter, or comes into heat when mom comes back smelling like buck :sick we'll see. :D

:bun Can't wait for pip-popping kids!!

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
For some reason the song "Let's Hear it for the Boy" is now going through my head and I must infect other people with it :lol: Somebody make it stop!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
AAARRRGH!!! Thanks a lot! Let's hear it for the boy! Let's hear it for the man!!! :gig
Maybe hes no romeo
But hes my lovin one man show
Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa
Lets hear it for the boy

Cinebar

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I used to have a pygmy buck. He had no problem nailing the big does - I often thought he grew wings when he escaped his pen. Nubian, Saanen, Togg......he managed to get them all, if the opportunity arose,

I expect Zilli to come into heat in about two weeks. Now it turns out I will probably be in surgery at that very time and I have no one who can get her to the AI gal for me.. :barnie

Hopefully she will have another heat after that; the woman who is doing the AI says sometimes the LaManchas have short breeding seasons.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
OK, it's been an hour and I still have the song in my head, thinking about goat hanky panky at the same time. Thanks Free :lol: