Breeding season 2010

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Here's few more...did you know that a caw is not a sound a crow makes but something you drive? And diarrhear is not someone's rear dying but close? It is actually diarrhea!

A guide book to northern speech is to make all A's be R's and then all words ending in R's turn into A's.

A soda is what they call all forms of carbonated drinks like Pepsi or Coke, etc. They do not know what iced tea is and they would never make it sweetened...heaven forbid! :p It's not on any menus up north.

Driving laws? Mere suggestions which they do not have to heed....those are for slower, southern nincompoops. :lol:

Sorry for the hijack, Free...but I couldn't resist! :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
We were in Baw Harbaw once, and my dad pawked the caw by the rivah.

Of course, then when I was down south, they wanted to put Earl in my car. Don't know who Earl is, and I really didn't want him in my car. :plbb

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:lol:

I met a nurse the other day who wanted my patient to have an Agzam. I didn't know what she was asking and she said it more slowly, like I was an idiot, "An AG-ZAM?"

I was still confused. I said so.

She said, "You've never heard of an AH exam???"

The light slowly dawned....she meant an "eye exam". :he

I'm just too southern to be a Yank and too far north to be a Reb. :hu

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Oh boy, I'm out west and none of those make sense to me. But then we speak real american english :lol:

My Flower is the nubian/lamancha cross. I keep looking for bucks for sale, but haven't had any luck so far. I guess I better find out what the vet will charge for AI.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I think most patients would like an agzam.. :hide

Our speech? I think (most) up here pronounce things fairly straightforward and correct and articulate. You Southerners however.. :lol:

I had no idea what a johnny was either, aside from a name.. :idunno
Though I guess you did have a slight New England accent when I spoke with you Monique.

Say Deb, where are you from again?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You northerns bite off your words like pieces of jerky...short and sharp. Like you don't like to talk and you will make it as brief as possible.

We southerns slow cook our speech and let it roll off the tongue like warm honey. The ear has to become accustomed to the southern cooking of the language..... ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
BB, I'm from South Jersey, and have lived in this area my entire life, but how I pronounce words is kind of a mix. My mom is from Canada, and my dad is from this area. I also spent some time working w/Southerners. It is not unusual for me to be asked where I'm from. When I tell people I'm from this area, I've been asked, no where are you from originally. I've been told I have a Southern accent, a German accent, and I don't know what else. :rolleyes:

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I admit I really like the NJ or do they call is the 'Boston' accent? I don't mind any, as long as I can understand it.

Bee, I think you and I were both saying 'what??' quite a bit during that phone conversation :lol: Monique expected more Norwegian in my speech.. That 'Alaskan' accent that everyone refers to when Sarah Palin comes up - that is very common in Minnesota with the Fins and Swedes and Nordic area derived people.

Aren't accents fun?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
You northerns bite off your words like pieces of jerky...short and sharp. Like you don't like to talk and you will make it as brief as possible.
We don't like to talk? :lol: Why do you think I teach? I get paid handsomely to talk-talk-talk!!!!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Like a foreign land, huh? I can't imagine! :D

One only has to go down to the southern part of this state to get lost in translation....to a county called Boone. Historically and hysterically laden with a twang that even I can't wrap my mind or my ears around! We know instantly when someone is up here from Boone County...you can barely understand a word they say.

I met a lady this past year, the daughter of a patient of mine....she said she was from AZ but her family originated here, I believe. Her accent and the expressions she used were both weird and charming....I could have listened to her all day!

I'd never heard anything like it in my life....wonder what it was? Her sibs talked as normal as paint, so not sure where she picked this up.