Breeding season 2010

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Accent-My fiances grandfather is from Boston, born, raised, lived. I CANT STAND HIS TALKING, I am from "dude" part, California, and it is chalk on a chalkboard to me.

Breeding- someday I will get to breed and birth goats again :( Im so sad. But I am breeding rats again!! For food...:S

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Speaking of accents, and weird things people do to words, do you know how to tell the difference between the Canada geese that are in your area year round and those that migrate from Canada? When the migrating geese honk, they say honk, ay.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Blackbird said:
Canada geese, or Canadian geese??

:gig
Canada geese, not Canadian! I made the mistake of calling them Canadian geese in my bird class in college, and was corrected for it. :/

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Blackbird said:
We always call them Canadian geese around here.. :hu
So did I, until I was corrected, so Canada geese it is. :/ (Of course, if I didn't have my degree in biology, and am expected to know more than I do, I could probably get away w/it!)

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
Yup, it's Canada geese. I was corrected by a DNR (Dept. of Nat. Resources) guy when I was in elementary school, and it stuck with me. Now it irks me when I hear Canadian geese. :p

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Ah huh... So, who's this new buck you snuck in? :lol:

I read this last night before bed. Apparently I like your goats as much as I like mine! I dreamed that I logged on and read that you went outside and there WAS in fact a different buck out there - a Nubian, and that he was your neighbors, and that ALL of your does were bred to him, and how extremely angry you were.
:idunno Not much of a dream, but a dream nonetheless.

Maybe you'll have a Nubian buck next year? Lol.