Breeding season 2010

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
There's just so much I could say here :lol: Yesterday he was still a virgin and tonight he's got 2 girls spending then night with him. Lucky boy indeed. :bun :love :love :bun :love :bun

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Ummm...yay, I guess :lol: You're not a very nice mom coming in here and spreading the word of your boys first time to the whole world. I bet Dorian is embarassed to death!! :lol:

Willow at least waited for the right one to come along :idunno

:gig :gig :gig :gig

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Love your story, free! We were able to watch goats mate for the first time this year and so can at least picture your guest's reaction! I was so glad I'd heard it described before it happened here or I would have had my jaw on the ground!
Why are they so fixated on urine is what I wanna know? I cannot even remotely "relate."
:sick

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
He must be using that Axe soap that women are so fond of..... :cool:

Here it is almost breeding season for my gals and I still have one that hasn't popped!

Free, if you can milk the teats easily and colostrum comes out, does that necessarily mean they are preggers? She is fat as a tick and can barely lumber around but I can feel no lamb movement and she should have lambed long, long ago.

Cinebar

Power Conserver
Reaction score
When I had goats before, I kept one, sometimes two, bucks.

This time around, no buck and I'm trying to catch my little LaMancha in heat so I can load her up and haul her in to the gal who's going to do AI on her.

It's a lot harder catching them in heat when there's no buck around, that's for sure. With this little doe, I can't rely on tail wagging because she's always wagging her tail. She's also quite vocal by nature, so I can't count on that, either.

I think she was in heat this past Wednesday (discharge, swollen). I went over to the AI lady the other day and picked up a collar off one of her bucks and I hope that will help me catch her. I've let her have a whiff of the collar a couple of times; she's definitely interested - probably more curious than anything. We'll see how she reacts the closer she gets to the time she should come into heat again, if I'm right about this past week's date.

I'm not set up to have a buck now and even when I thought I was set up, I still had way too many "accidents."