- Dec 22, 2010
- Reaction score
Thank you!Here's the EggNog recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but it got a lot of good reviews on LowCarbYum.com:
SUGAR FREE EGGNOG
Yield: 8 1-cup servings
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ¼ cup powdered erythritol or Swerve
- ¼ tsp stevia concentrated powder
- 2 eggs, separated
- 2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups almond milk or a mix of 1 cup water & 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 oz rum (optional)
- In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and pale yellow
- Mix heavy cream, erythritol and stevia in small saucepan; heat to boiling. Boil one minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir half of cream mixture into egg yolks; return egg mixture to remaining cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cool to room temperature.
- Stir in almond milk and rum. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in.
- Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with additional rum (if desired) and nutmeg sprinkled on top.
Calories: 179 Carbohydrates: 1.4g Protein: 2.3g Fat 17.8g Saturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 33mg Potassium: 69mg
Vitamin A: 950iu Calcium: 110mg Iron:0.2mg