Britesea - Living the good life in rural Oregon

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Here's the EggNog recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but it got a lot of good reviews on LowCarbYum.com:
SUGAR FREE EGGNOG

Yield: 8 1-cup servings

Ingredients:

• 2 cups heavy cream
  • ¼ cup powdered erythritol or Swerve
  • ¼ tsp stevia concentrated powder
  • 2 eggs, separated
  • 2 tsp sugar-free vanilla extract
  • ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 2 cups almond milk or a mix of 1 cup water & 1 cup heavy cream
  • 1 oz rum (optional)
Instructions

• In a small bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and pale yellow
  • Mix heavy cream, erythritol and stevia in small saucepan; heat to boiling. Boil one minute, stirring constantly.
  • Stir half of cream mixture into egg yolks; return egg mixture to remaining cream in saucepan. Cook over low heat until slightly thickened, stirring constantly.
  • Remove from heat; stir in vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cool to room temperature.
  • Stir in almond milk and rum. Beat egg whites until stiff and fold in.
  • Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with additional rum (if desired) and nutmeg sprinkled on top.

Nutrition:

Calories: 179 Carbohydrates: 1.4g Protein: 2.3g Fat 17.8g Saturated Fat 14g

Monounsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 33mg Potassium: 69mg

Vitamin A: 950iu Calcium: 110mg Iron:0.2mg
Thank you!

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ugh. Just got off of Amazon chat about a phone call I received. I thought it might be a scam but I wanted to make sure. The message said that my Visa would be charged something like $77.97 for today's order and if I had made the order just hang up, but if I had NOT made the order I was to call a number (not 800 btw) to have the charge removed. So I found the Amazon Support Chat and spoke with them about it. As I suspected, do NOT return that call. I'd never even HEARD of Amazon making a call like that.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
I hate scammers.....Here in Ohio, an electric utility was caught overcharging its customers for 2 years. The official agreement has them paying back the overage over time. I get at least 2 calls per day offering to collect the full amount on my behalf now. Just need that utility account number, and oh, yeah, your checking account number.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh, I had meant to show you my favorite Christmas gift this year. This mug makes me giggle.

Namastay.jpg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We get at least 3 scam calls/day. Usually some foolishness about "call this number to remove such and such a charge from your such and such account". Usually, it's a robot voice, or someone who doesn't speak English. Then, there's the computer lock up with a robot saying: "Your computer has been hacked. Do not turn off your computer. Call this number for immediate technical support...." A lot of scammers use phone numbers with our town's tel number digits. Then, there's the... "Hello, Hello. Can you hear me?" Never say "yes" to one of these. They can then dub your "yes" statement into what ever script they are scamming. I never answer my phone unless I know who is calling. I tell everyone that they need to speak to my answering machine in order to talk to me.

Last edited:

Latest posts