Britesea - Living the good life in rural Oregon

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It has been in the mid 30's up to high 60's by afternoon but starting Thursday it's suppose to be back down into 30's for the highs. Not too much winter left for us down here. It's time to start seedlings for cole crops at least but I'm not sure if we will start a garden right now or not. Thinking about trying to find a house to rent without so many problems. I think the landlord is considering selling it because all the sudden he has hired an electrician, bought new ceiling fans, plumbing repairs and is fixing the rot on the outside fascia. I just hope he gives us some time to prepare.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@MoonShadows I'd say "basking" is the perfect description! We're gonna get close to 80 today and will be in the mid 70's or above through the weekend. Perfect weather!

@baymule - Thanks for having my back gal-friend! ;)

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well, we had some warmer temps for a couple of days. This morning I had to spend about 20 minutes chipping the ice away from the gate to the duckyard so I could open it enough to squeeze through.
It's supposed to snow again tonight. When I came in from putting the ducks to bed, a few flakes were swirling about.

I may have found something I've wanted for a long time! :weee It's an antique silver 3-tiered serving tray. Just the thing for serving cucumber sandwiches with the crusts trimmed off for a real English afternoon tea. The store is holding it for me to see if I like it. Now all I have to do is learn how to make clotted cream, lol.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cucumber sandwiches? Well that's sure something "spring" like to consider .... during your getting more SNOW :D

We don't get a lot of snow often, and normally is only here a couple days...but, dontcha hate how it compromises so much that we have to do??? Gates won't open, hoses frozen, water tubs --- well, all the things we take care of become a much more difficult chore when we slip & slide long. :old

MoonShadows

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I never had a cucumber sandwich...sounds good. How do you make them...other than using cucumbers and bread?

Latest posts