Brown Rice & Cranberry Salad

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
On second thought, -1 for the cereal box on the floor.
OK, you guys have the eyes of a turkey vulture . The box on the floor is actually stapled to it to cover a small crack from telegraphing through the new flooring.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
Dace said:
Unless it is Thanksgiving and need the staging area when I get back from KFC.
:th
I lied because KFC has never been opened on Thanksgivings, I normally have to drive around and find a gas station with broasted, or like the last two years just cook a frozen pizza.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

That sounds like a lovely recipe- we have recently started eating more rice (I STILL prefer macaroni :/) and I love dried cranberries.

That reminds me, I should try to dry some cranberries this year while they are around. Do you do anything to them before drying? Just cut them in half? Leave them whole?

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
valmom said:
That reminds me, I should try to dry some cranberries this year while they are around. Do you do anything to them before drying? Just cut them in half? Leave them whole?
Cut a slit in the cranberries with a knife and then dehydrate. You could cut them in half, I suppose. I store them in a canning jar in the pantry.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
I'm on my third batch of the brown rice and cranberry salad.
It is so satisfying!
I don't have sliced almonds so used whole raw which made it slower to eat, but obviously it was quite good.
:thumbsup

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
Vidalia onions are expensive because:

They are much milder/sweeter than most other onions.
They are only grown in a small spot of Georgia.

They aren't allowed to be called Vidalias if they are from anywhere else. I think it's Granex seed but the soil there still makes a difference.