Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I prepped a bed for Nasturtiums by the road today, and got it planted.
This year, I laid down chicken wire, to make sure the cats stay out of it!
Once its blooming I will post pics.

We are having 10 yards of finished barn yard dirt hauled in from the dairy this week :ya
Black Gold all the way! Going to have lots more veges to put up this fall.

I put out the melon starts, that came from the seeds WZ sent me.
Decided to save the others for next year. Not enough dirt to go around!

A couple days ago, I solved the issue of us always taking our dishes upstairs to eat at the computer. And never getting them back down :hide
Its now in the non prep side of the kitchen.
This was also a step towards getting DDs room ready.
I just spent half an hour sorting out papers, magazines, junk mail, old phone books and other unneeded paper things.
They are burning merrily in the woodstove right now.
Filled the thing right up!
Had to burn them inside, as we are under our usual spring high risk fire ban.
It has not greened up enough out yet, to burn outside without a permit.

Lots of items are listed on CL and another Alaska only list. Now if I can only figure out if we really need that massive, super heavy desk upstairs. Such a beast!
Its a roll top, but maybe I can come up with a use for it for DD, so we do not have to move it. Takes 4 grown men to move the thing!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We are having an adoption fundraiser sale here on Saturday, and DH has agreed, rather excitedly, to part with the 2 parts vehicles, as well as a slew of other really good stuff!

:weee :ya

Making baked goods too!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
That's great, BB :D

I need to get sewing. I just get so BORED while doing it. It's the only time I wish I had a tv ;) Music helps, but I killed my speakers (ie: I wouldn't wake up and Amira dropped them to wake me up...)... This is why I only buy cheap speakers lol.

I'm trying to find local friends with gardens. I joined the Caerthan Garden Group on yahoo (Caerthe is my local SCA group) so maybe I can get some gardening education.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thats great news on the fund raiser~! I hope you do well!!!!Baked goos will be a great seller as well....they always are,and I am sure yours will be the "talk of the town" :) I have read of your cooking, makes my mouth water.:drool

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Great on the fundraiser!!!

I saw a roll top converted to a changing table/baby item storage that was REALLY REALLY cute! Maybe you could convert that one rather than move it?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:

I saw a roll top converted to a changing table/baby item storage that was REALLY REALLY cute! Maybe you could convert that one rather than move it?
Changing table? Do tell! She will outgrow the pack n play one soon.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Wannabefree said:

Changing table? Do tell! She will outgrow the pack n play one soon.
Basically the desktop is the changing table, my friend added padding and a waterproof cloth to the top of hers with some upholstery nails(?) I believe. Then hers had drawers on each side, those were for diapers, powders, ointments, wipes, etc. and onesies. It worked really well. The dirty diaper bin, and dirty baby laundry buckets can be stored underneath. That is where she got baby for bed every night, and everything was conveniently located within reach. She loved it, used with both of her children, and handed it down to her cousin as a shower gift when hers were bigger.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Baked goodies are a great idea. Do you have extra jars of fermented stuff? The farmers market by abis sells them.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
There seems to have been some miscommunication out at the farm. My "dirt" got delivered just now.
We were supposed to get barnyard cleanings that had been sitting for several years.
Well, it looks and smells like it was scooped last fall, and frozen all winter.

:barnie :he :gig I think that about covers it! (hmm emoticons are not working today?)

So now, I have to tear apart the established garden, so I can lay that on top of all this fresh stuff.
And I need to plant NOW! Its Alaska folks! No time to fiddle around!

This means I will be transferring about 30 yards of dirt and manure the rest of the week.
And I have the sale coming up on Saturday.

Anyone wanna visit me right now?

The really good part? This ten yards was free, and I only had to pay $150 for delivery.