Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aww, teething was always my worst nightmare with my kids. I always took a chicken leg bone, cleaned off all the meat and "stuff" and let them gnaw on the bone. Its smooth, but strong, and being its cooked, it has flavor that they like. My grandma told me to do this, and it worked well.
A wet frozen washcloth works too! I hope that mean old tooth pops through soon for you both.
Sounds like you have lots planted!!! A LOT of work...but the rewards are so great. Good job!!!!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Aww, teething was always my worst nightmare with my kids. I always took a chicken leg bone, cleaned off all the meat and "stuff" and let them gnaw on the bone. Its smooth, but strong, and being its cooked, it has flavor that they like. My grandma told me to do this, and it worked well.
A wet frozen washcloth works too! I hope that mean old tooth pops through soon for you both.
Sounds like you have lots planted!!! A LOT of work...but the rewards are so great. Good job!!!!
DH is picking up a couple of teething rings tonight. But we will be the ones doing the holding for her.
She only just figured out how to hold onto her pacifier to take it out of her mouth. But not to put it in.
She is just 14 weeks old :(
Ordering an Amber necklace right now, in hopes that it helps.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
It was the diaper rashes that came along with the teething that I found the worst. Poor babies were sore on both ends! I bathe them with oatmeal in a sock during those times and then at the end of the bath slather the gooey sock all over thier diaper area. it is so soothing and healing.
I used to give Lolaa a raw cold carrot from the fridge to gum on.

JRmom

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
Oh, that is so funny! I did the same thing with my daughter (and granddaughter). My mom was the one who told me about using a chicken leg bone. I have a great photo of my mother holding my daughter and my daughter has a leg bone sticking out of her mouth. :lol:

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Wow- teeth already?! She's precocious :D

I used the frozen washcloth to chew on. And a frozen teething ring.

Poor baby- hope it pops through soon.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Its raining in the valley :ya Anchorage people are complaining, but they forget that we have 58 active fires in state right now, so everyone needs rain! Praying it spreads north.

Today begins the heavy work of getting the house ready for the inlaws. MIL has asthma, so I have to get it really clean.
Carpet cleaner will be brought in next week to shampoo all soft surfaces, including furniture. Its long overdue, so I am looking forward to doing that.
Looking forward to the day we can rip out ALL the carpet and replace with hardwood.

We have been looking at gun safes, and today I realized we do not need to buy one.
We have this massive, real wood wardrobe that is not be utilized properly.
We just need to re-key the locks, and set up the holders in one side of it!
I was able to slide it into our huge bathroom this morning, and I plant to add shelves on the other side and turn it into a linen closet. Duel purpose for the cost of a key or two!

I also found another pack of carrot seeds that had gotten sidelined, so if the rain lightens any, I will get those in as well.
I am free seeding the carrots on long hilled rows, about 12-18 inches wide this year. Be interesting to see how they do.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
We have weddings to attend Friday and Saturday.
Both couples are from our meeting.
This gets complicated, but I will do my best.
The oldest son from one family is marrying a young lady in our meeting.
His sister is marrying a young man in our meeting.
Make sense? :lol:

Anyways, the dates are this way, because it allows out of state family and friends to only need to make on trip up here.

I have put together a home made cleaning supply basket for each couple.
A quart of laundry powder, a bottle of window cleaner and a bottle of all purpose cleaner.
Recipes are included, and I have cute baskets to put them in.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It has been AWESOME with no carpet. Hopefully you can make that happen soon. Of course our ancient senile cat already destroyed the new laminate floor, but it still beats having carpet :p

Latest posts