Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Looks like a good harvest :)

And, nice haul from the dump--wish we had that option here, but the city has pretty strict rules. Pretty basket--didn't realize they came with "brand names"--is it designer or something? What will you use it for?

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Wow, $50? That's cool. I learned how to do a specific kind of basket weaving from a couple of Mexican ladies a few years ago and wish I had the supplies--they used reeds and a certain type of grass.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Basket update.
Its the October Fields 2000 Basket, by Longaberger, which sold for very close to $100 prior to it being retired.
It is missing its lid, and due to it being dumped has a crack that is hidden by the cloth insert.
Someday, I might see about sending it in to be repaired, and see if they will sell me a new lid for it.
My mom and I have been able to collect something like 6 baskets made by this company over the years, for just a few dollars.
My other one is a wall basket that hangs in my kitchen.

I like this company. Each basket is hand made and signed by the maker.

I know of one person that put himself through college selling these!
That is a great find!! (I LOVE TRASH PICKING!)

Seeing your carrots reminded me of the time I sent my son, age 11 at the time, out to get some carrots of lunch out of my "carrot patch."

He was taking a long time, so I went to see what was taking him so long..... He had "harvested my entire bed of carrrots!" I wanted to kill him! I spent the rest of the afternoon blanching and freezing carrots. It was early summer here, and we just don't have anything close "cold storage" in Arizona especially not in the summer! And there was no room in the fridge for them!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I wish I knew that several years ago. :/

My husband's cousin was a Longaberger basket district manager for several years. My MIL had a HUGE collection that we have since sold off (rather cheaply :( ). I just kept a few of the small ones that I most enjoyed.

They are cool baskets, but we would have had to devote a room to her collection, so we had to size down.

I am glad that you are finding some good ones at affordable prices in your area. Not much better pricing than free! :thumbsup

Lesa

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
How will you store/use the rutabaga? I have quite a lot of it, and am not sure how to keep it... We have already enjoyed some mashed and also in the slow cooker with chuck roast.