Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

Beanie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
WoW!!!! Now those are some house guests I'd like to have.

Interesting about the wine. California reds give me crazy headaches. We were invited to a wine tasting last year and it was Argentinian wines. None of the reds bothered me. I talked to one of the vendors and she said it was the tannins that develop and the soil. :hu

I'm curious...did the men eat honey or molasses as a sweetener?

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i think alot of it has to do with the types of grapes used for the wines in different countries. ive found most american wines i cant do, i dont like the taste, i dont like the after taste and they make my head hurt.
italian i dont like red but i do like their pinks and whites
spanish wine is all good though, even the reds are nice, but have to admit im not a big wine drinker, when i do i usually go for the rose wines..
you do have to be carefull with spanish wines though, they tend to hit hard, fast and out of nowhere if you drink too much...youll be happily drinking feeling fine and then your not feeling fine, there doesnt seem to be a pleasantly tispy phase with spanish wines lol. (least this is what my father tells me who had a nasty bout of red recovery when he worked in spain lol

Beanie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
pinkfox said:
i think alot of it has to do with the types of grapes used for the wines in different countries. ive found most american wines i cant do, i dont like the taste, i dont like the after taste and they make my head hurt.
italian i dont like red but i do like their pinks and whites
spanish wine is all good though, even the reds are nice, but have to admit im not a big wine drinker, when i do i usually go for the rose wines..
you do have to be carefull with spanish wines though, they tend to hit hard, fast and out of nowhere if you drink too much...youll be happily drinking feeling fine and then your not feeling fine, there doesnt seem to be a pleasantly tispy phase with spanish wines lol. (least this is what my father tells me who had a nasty bout of red recovery when he worked in spain lol
I prefer whites myself.
And its rare for me to ever have more then 3 ounces at a time :lol:
That really and truly is my limit!
Glad to see another 1/2 glasser! I always tell hubby that I'm the ultimate cheap date. :) Half a glass and I'm a party waiting to happen.