Bubblingbrooks Journey - Salut!

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
As a three-time mom, my best advice to you right now is GET SOME SLEEP. It will be in short supply soon! Try to start the habit of taking an afternoon nap. With a newborn you get to sleep but in short little bursts, might be good to start acclimating yourself to that. You won't want to miss a moment!

I'll join the crowd of people who are so happy for the three of you and so pleased this is going well for you. I'll pray that things continue to go smoothly with the transition of her legal status as permanently yours.

This is a long job you are taking on, you know, the rest of your life! They grow up but never stop being your babies.

Damummis

Microfarmer
Reaction score
savingdogs said:
As a three-time mom, my best advice to you right now is GET SOME SLEEP. It will be in short supply soon! Try to start the habit of taking an afternoon nap. With a newborn you get to sleep but in short little bursts, might be good to start acclimating yourself to that. You won't want to miss a moment!

I'll join the crowd of people who are so happy for the three of you and so pleased this is going well for you. I'll pray that things continue to go smoothly with the transition of her legal status as permanently yours.

This is a long job you are taking on, you know, the rest of your life! They grow up but never stop being your babies.
X1000
You sleep when she sleeps. Regardless of what you have to do.
Trust me.:D

I think the northern lights would have just been the perfect "cherry on top".

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
How special you will have the quilt for her that you hand made even though you were not expecting her. You'll be able to finish it in no time, it is beautiful. You'll want a zillion of those little recieving blankets right at first, they are much handier, the way babies love to be swaddled in the beginning. That quilt will be perfect for a little later.

My daughter never bought a real crib, she went right from that pack n play basinett to a small child's bed (her baby is one), the kind with little rails on the side. That way the baby can safely get out of bed without falling out of the crib. Of course the room needs to be child proof!

People will shower you with gifts.....you will be surprised! In all three of my newborns, I ended up with more things that I needed because of the hand-me-downs and gifts we recieved. It is such a blessing that babies are so beautiful. Everyone wants to be a part of the joy it seems.

I really liked having a swing set up in the room where I spent a lot of time, I'm glad you are already getting one of those. I always wonder why babies like them so much.

BirdBrain

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sunday can't come too soon!! I'm so happy for you!!

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is so wonderful. Congratulations! I will keep you in my prayers and that things move in God's time. Surely he has blessed you. :woot

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
What a cozy and colorful quilt! I wish I had the patience to hand quilt, it makes them so much more special. Getting ready for a baby is half the fun. She will be a joy to have in the house....just remember that at the times she keeps you up at night, LOL! But when they sleep you can't help but just stand beside thier cribs and adore them