Bucket lists

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I saw something yesterday that reminded me of one of my few childhood dreams that I haven't been fortunate enough to make come true yet. I'm sure we all have, or should have, a bucket list, things we'd like to do still. This has been a dream of mine for years and I was thinking maybe this year, for my birthday, I'll do this:

https://www.extremesports.ie/helicopter-airplane-combo-experience

(I'm not interested in the plane part though... But the helicopter :love)

What's on your bucket list(s)?

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My FIL used to have a helicopter. DH grew up flying around in it , going fishing for a few hours, flying home. Lol so not cool he got rid of it before we got married!

My bucket list is weird. Lots of travel (Ireland, Scotland, Alaska), I have a couple books I want to write. I'd like to get my PhD just for fun. Yeah my idea of fun might be odd...

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
My bucket list includes:

Waitressing at a small diner for a few hours, just to say I've done it.

Horseback riding.

Writing a book.

Going snorkeling in a tropical reef again.

Wouldn't mind doing a Jungle zip line again.

Have eliminated body surfing and rock climbing b/c certain body parts have exceeded the warranty period.

And every year, the summer is not complete unless I get to walk barefoot on the sand, soak up the sun, and play in the surf.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I'd love to learn how to surf, go skydiving, have a farm where I raise hair sheep and use mainly horse drawn equipment, and train my own horses. None of that will happen in my lifetime but I'd still love to do those things.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Hmmmm, I must be the most boring person on earth... I really don't have a bucket list. I'm totally ok with where I am in life...I don't really feel like I've missed anything. Dang it - I want a bucket list too! I mean.... I expect we'll take a couple vacay's in retirement...(maybe Ireland!). I guess that counts!

canesisters

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Travel.. I'd love to see Ireland, Venice, Holland, Australia, all the major "sights" here in America,

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't really have a bucket list either, I just thought of some things that I would like to do!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
At this point, no real bucket list. Technically completed "hiking on the Appalachian Trail" by walking about 1/4 mile at Harper's Ferry. Lolol.

My list is better defined as doing something cool when presented an opportunity. Two 2 week Colorado vacations were outstanding.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I've seen "Ireland" come up here a few times now... Still thinking of that SS get-together here in Ireland one day ;) We could rent a castle for us all to stay in for a week... That'd be a riot!

Latest posts