Bulk Food Supplies?

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If you have a Sam's Card, you can order buckets of food storage items on-line.

DellaMyDarling

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We don't have a Sam's club, but I'll check online.

Azure doesn't appear to deliver in my region?

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I think Azure will deliver anywhere, if you have a drop off point. There might not be one in your area at this time, but if you could find enough people to commit to buying a certain minimum amount each month (you would have to look at Azure's site to see what it is; I can't remember) and at least one of them ok with being the drop off/pick up point, you could get deliveries.

DellaMyDarling

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Looks like they avoid all of the Northeast entirely.

I don't know anyone else interested in bulk stuff. I really have no means of networking with others up here.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I do not FB either. I keep up with "news" about common acquaintances through hubby's FB. Occasionally, I'll jump on to his account to reply to an old friend, prefacing the post with: "my name" speaking..." followed by my message. My co-op days were prior to FB. No doubt, social media would make ordering and co-op management much easier. But, it wouldn't erase the selfish/free loading behaviors of some folks who participate without "serving". A well written policy, outlining expectations for member participation, with extra costs added for non-participants would be necessary.

Marianne

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looks like they avoid all of the Northeast entirely.

I don't know anyone else interested in bulk stuff. I really have no means of networking with others up here.

Nutz. I love their bulk lentils, beans, rice, etc. They do ship Fed EX, etc, but unless you ordered enough to fill a pallet so it'd ship on a truck, the shipping cost would probably be horrendous.

I'd aim for a local-ish or closer LDS. Some Mormon groups don't mind you going in with them on orders delivered to their church...or that's what I was told years ago. Another possible outlet would be your local grocery store. For example, if it's an AG store, they have access to everything that's available through the AG warehouse, even if your local store doesn't carry it. Same for the other chains. You'll have to buy in full lots/cases.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What do they do with the unclaimed stuff, @Lazy Gardener ? I'm thinking how every year people have way too much zucchini, (or me this year with kale) and there might end up being lots more than people want?

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I really don't know. But... I bet none of it goes to waste. I'm guessing there are some folks who would be happy to take any unclaimed produce home to flocks or pigs.