Busting the Amish

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
it has nothing to do with puppies, Tanks.

some folks are eager to always point out that some amish sell puppies in "mills" - it has nothing to do with the point of the article which is that this is the kind of thing that is going to happen more and more now that the govt thinks we cant decide what we can eat.

i'm guessing this is what the OP was more concerned about:

"....the FDA uses its regulatory powers over food safety to ban interstate sales of raw milk and has warned several farms to change their practices.

According to the complaint the FDA filed in court, the agency began to look into Mr. Allgyers farm in late 2009, when an investigator in their Baltimore office used aliases to sign up for a Yahoo user group for Rainbow Acres customers, and began to place orders under the assumed names for unpasteurized milk.

The orders were delivered to private residences in Maryland, where the investigator, whose name was not disclosed in the documents, would pick them up. By crossing state lines the milk became part of interstate commerce, thus subject to the FDAs ban on interstate sales of raw milk. The court papers note that the jugs of milk were not labeled - another violation of FDA regulations."

honestly the govt have time to lurk on someones usergroup so they can plan a raid on the Amish?

the Amish i know are good and decent people and do not deserve to be painted with the broad brush of "puppy mill-ers."

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Why does it still surprise me that a government employee being paid with my tax dollars, have the time to sit at a computer, pretend to be a bunch of people he/she is not, just to put an Amish Farmer out of business for selling milk to people who want it?

Oh, I know. All the illegals are back at home, all the major drug dealers have been captured, Monsanto is now an honest business, and there are no more terriorist.

Now where is that head scratching, confused smilie?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks for splainin. I totally understood but was trying to find a nice way to point out that puppies were not mentioned in the article.

When I was in Mo. last year I visited several Amish farms, they definitely prefer cows to dogs. :lol:

g

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
OK, I finally got around to reading this thread and the article....been busy....and I am completely confused. Dogs? Puppies? Huh? :hu

Milk nazis are evil. These stories are so un-stinkin'-believable! :somad

Boogity

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Could it be that chickenone started a tirade about the Amish running puppy mills. I see that chickenone's post has been removed.