Butternut Squash Recipes

Okiepan

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Peel the squash , cube it up , put in a bowl cover with olive oil , I add cinnamon , nutmeg , all spice a pinch of brown sugar , or add sorghum with the oil, bake at 350 until soft , then enjoy !!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it is one of those squash that will work for pumpkin pie custards, so that is always something i love to eat. :) (forget the crust i can pass on that entirely)...

we rehome extras with friends or family or anyone else (a FREE sign by a pile on a table along the road).

as it gets colder and the squash have cured enough i'll start roasting those that haven't already been used (the damaged or ones showing any signs of early spoiling get done first) put that in bags and freeze it. that will stay good for quite a long time (double bag if your bags aren't quite good enough for freezer storage). we just finished off the squash from last year and it was as good as it was when i made it.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Any other ideas for recipes that use butternut puree?

how about using as a base on a plate and putting something like sloppy joes over it? a good veggie on the side and you've got a good meal for a cold day. :)

i'm just recalling how some people like to stuff squash with various sausage or meat blends so this would just be another form of that kind of flavors/ingredients.