Buy propane when it's cheap

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Good reminder! I don't use propane at the moment, but can say the same for other "end of season" goods, like turkeys for Xmas and thanksgiving. Once the holidays are over, those are dirt cheap here. The coal price just went up here :( I do wish now I stocked up like I wanted to a few weeks ago.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Need to fill my tank, maybe this week. It's always a wallet issue :D

YES. I don't use a lot of turkey because only one here. But, I do buy during the seasonal price downs. It's a great meat anytime during the year, not just holidays. Because it's a large amount of poultry at once, suspect that's why we cook less often. I often buy just the breast, smaller & sandwich maker.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I love buying turkeys when they are really cheap. I often buy a couple just before Thanksgiving, when they have specials like Turkey for $.39 a lb if you buy $50 of groceries. I remove the wings, 1 breast roast and drums and freeze them separately (you haven't had buffalo wings until you try Turkey Buffaloes) then I dice and can up the rest, as well as turkey broth from the carcasses. Even with only 1 person, if you canned it in pint jars you it would be usable amounts.