By request ... How I process my turkeys - WARNING FOWL pictures!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you for the great info. But now I have found my first problem. :barnie I only have one fridge. My house fridge. I do have a huge chest freezer not being used. I wonder if I set it on it's lowest setting it would work like a fridge. Well the first Tom could go in the house fridge I guess. I could probably make room. :sick Oh, wait I do have one of those mini fridges in the garage. My dh keeps his beer in it. I wonder if he would share? :lol:

g

note to self, sheers, cone, sheers, cone, sheers, cone!!!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
To finish ksalvagno's question ... I didn't weigh the turkeys I don't have a big enough scale unless I carry them into the house! :p

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I really wish I could do this, or have someone right next to me who knew what they were doing. :(

Tanks, you should check craigslist for a cheapo fridge, before you steal the beer one! :gig

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I did the stop and take a pic thingy when I processed CX this summer....it was a pain but the folks on BYC seemed to enjoy all the blood and guts.

My camera was anointed and had to be seriously cleaned off.... :sick

If you take the bottom rack and crisper drawers out of your fridge, you have much more room for those big carcasses.

Farm, can you post a pic of your finished birds? Or did you cut them all up? It would have been cool to see the size of the turkey in relation to what we see in the store. Would have also been cool to see just how many pounds of meat you harvested! :drool

We brought the bathroom scales out to the processing area and weighed ours..... :lol:

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Thank You very much for taking the time to do this for us FarmFresh! :bow

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Farm, can you post a pic of your finished birds? Or did you cut them all up? It would have been cool to see the size of the turkey in relation to what we see in the store. Would have also been cool to see just how many pounds of meat you harvested! :drool

We brought the bathroom scales out to the processing area and weighed ours..... :lol:

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Wild caught salmon sauteed in a tiny bit of bacon grease with lemon juice, microwaved spaghetti squash with a pat of real butter salt and pepper and a "front yard special" of new okra sauteed with some purple onions and an almost ripe tomato with a fist full of cornmeal tossed in at the end for added texture and flavor. :drool

Not too bad for a 30 minute quick meal!